Chapter 2: Turn Tide

The guy was knocked back but his friends charged at me with a bat, I dodge moving back and kicked him on the face.

"I guess all that practice pay off here"
I fought with them for few minutes untill both of them were tired.

"Why are you following them?" I asked.

"Our boss wants them! We don't hav anything to do with her and her baby"

"Get lost and never come back! Don't even try to come for her again!" I said threatening them.

Both of them ran away, I turned back searching for them and saw her hiding on an alley.

"Hey" I said but she threw a rock at me, I caught it "chill it's me" she started crying.

"It's okay, they are gone" while she was catching her breath I help her by holding her baby "do you have any place to go?"

"Yes my brother lives here but I don't feel safe going out in the street" she said looking down.

"Don't worry I'll come with you".

"Thank you so much" she bow "I never got your name" she said standing infront of her brother's house.

"It's Mahiru" I smile.

"I will always be in your dept" she seem a lot happy now, I wave them bye and went back, but stopped "should I go home?"

I suddenly woke up and noticed I was surrounded by kids of age around 5, all of them were looking at me confused.

"Hey-" I greeted awkwardly.

"Aren't you cold big sister?" One of the kid said.

"Why are you so dirty?"

"And why is there blood on your face?" They started asking me questions.

"It's nothing" I got up patting myself "bye kids" I started walking away from there, I noticed I passed out at a kindergarten sand box.

"Hey you!" Suddenly a teacher came.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to sleep here"

"No it's okay, the children inside the classroom were requesting me to invite you" she said smiling.

"What? That's no need, I was going home anyway" I took out my cellphone "I'm gonna call my friend" I said and walk away, this time I walk 10 meters away from the school.

"Hey, can you come and get me" I called my friend.

"Where are you?"

"At a store called kachi"

"I'll be there in 10 minutes" she hung up.

I waited outside the store, I realised this place was very different from where I live, am I that far?

I saw a bunch of bikers ridding their bike, they stopped infront of the store to buy something, I look at my phone ignoring them.

"Oiii Mikey! Don't take that much"

"Why! I'm hungry"

"Looks like a badass, acts like a kid" I thought looking at the blonde boy who whined like a kid.

"Hey" I look up and saw the boy "hi" I greeted back "here" he handed me one of his drink.

"Why are you here?" He asked.

I chuckled awkwardly "do I know you?" I asked, his face turned upset.

"What do you mean? We met at the fight" he said.

"The fight?"

"Yes, I'm Mikey"

Just then I remembered he was the guy who challenged me to the underground fight because he thought I was strong but we couldn't do it.

"Oh right! Weird you remembered me, that was like 6 months ago"

"I don't forget cool people" he said but just then one of his friend hit him on the head "let's go!"

"Bye"

_______

It has been 20 minutes and she didn't came, I was getting tired and sleepy but just then she came.

"Where were you?"

"It's a long way, I got lost" she said parking her bike nearby.

"Did you ran away again?" She asked getting off and entering the store.

"What can I do, they made me"

"Yeah for the 9th time"

"Come on Hasegawa, there was nothing I can do" she bought two can of juice and handed me one.

Hasegawa was taller then me and she had a mysterious and moody face all the time, she wears glasses and had bangs with a ponytail.

"It's okay, let's get you back"

"I don't want to" I got on but she didn't listen and stopped infront of my house.

"Oh come on!!"

"Just go home, I know they can be mean sometimes but-" suddenly there was a loud gunshot.

Both of us were stunned and ran to see what was happening, we enter the house,.I saw my dad on the ground and my mom with a gun.

"What's this?" I yelled at her, she pointed the gun at me "step back" she said crying "I didn't have any other choice"

"Mom put that down!"

"I'm not your mom! We are not related!" She yelled while crying."You're not my daughter, I'm sorry for dragging you into this, I'm so sorry"

"What do you mean?" I slowly approach her but she didn't put her gun down, Hasegawa warned me not to go further and called the cops, after few minutes I tried to calm her down but it made It worst.

She pulled the trigger, Hasegawa pushed me as we both fell and suddenly the cops bragged in tackling her and taking her gun, I saw Hasegawa wasn't hit but I was.

"Your arm" she said as I saw my arm was bleeding, I saw my dad's unconscious body with blood, I didn't felt anything else but regret.

"Let's get you out of here" the medic came and treated me on the ambulance, the bullet missed but it touched the skin..

"All better" said the nurse, Hasegawa was talking with the police, she bow and came back looking the same.

"They said your mom will be put into custody for questioning and after that they will run some test and then decide her sentence"

"It's my fault I left" I said looking down at my blooded hand "I shouldn't have left" I clenched my fist and cried.

"It's not your fault for what happened to your dad and mom"

"No, you don't understand, they were arguing about something and they kept dragging me between them, I didn't want to make the decision so I left, if I haven't then I would have been able to prevent the accident"