Chapter 17: HOPELESS

Days past like nothing had happened, my neighbour thinks I'm on drugs because of the incident that happened.

I don't wanna share my problem with Mikey either, I almost told him everything but changed the subject into the new release of the manga I've been reading, off course he didn't buy it.

But it's for his own good, he can't help me, even if he can I don't want him to suffer with me, I'll help him as much as I can.

"I'm gonna put an end to this"

I got out walking towards the hideout, my mind was fixed on disbanding the gang and go somewhere else to start a new life.

I hate working 2jobs at the same time exhausting myself for that mom who slapped me everyday and discouraged me half of my life.

As I was on my way there was a fight on the road, I ignored it and walk past it when I heard a girl crying, I stopped and turned back.

"What? crying already? Ugh look at her"

"Shut up!" A girl was being bully, I sigh, nothing surprising, I saw a tag, from a hospital.

"Oiii!" I proclaimed kicking the bunch of trash cans on the side, they got startled and back off "get lost before I make you eat this" I gesture the trash.

"Oi what's going on?" A guy came asking looking at the bullies, they whispered some lies to him and step up.

"What are you doing picking on little girls" he said as the bullies smirked, I helped the girl completely ignoring him.

"Are you okay? Can you stand?" She tried but almost fell.

"Oi!!" The guy got angry and hold my shoulder stopping me, I settled the girl down softly and turned to the guy "you don't know what happened. Don't try to pick a fight with me I'm already in a bad mood" I said slapping his hands off.

"Ugh do something useful" the girls yelled, he seemed rather confused, "don't try to provoke me" he said cracking his knuckles.

"Or else what?"

He swing his arm to hit me, I was already pissed with the voices in my head I fight back taking him down, maybe I was little harsh I almost hit the little bullies too.

"Get lost and never appear infront of even by mistake" I said threatening the them by holding one's coller tightly, they ran away, I went to the guy who was coughing on the ground.

"You should be ashamed of yourself" I said and went to the girl, I carried her on my back, she told me where her hospital was, she was taking her walk and got too far.

"What's your name?"

"Lulia" she said hesitating, I tried to make her comfortable with me by making small talks, she was a bit of a talkative when we started to get along.

She told me why those girls bullied her and that she has cancer, I dropped her till her room and her mom was worried crying, she hugged her tightly relief.

"Where had you been gone! I told you to not wander" she hugged her again, so much love.

"Thank you so much" her mom hold my hand with a smile, "it's okay" I smiled back ready to leave but lulia called me again.

"Can you please stay? If you dont mind" she said so politely, everyone present in the room looked at me hoping I'll say yes and yes I did.

I stayed till afternoon talking with her, she had a very kind personality and a good humour for a kid, she fell asleep beside me as her mom walked in.

"Thank you so much for doing this Mahiru-chan, I've never seen her so happy before" she said smiling at her daughter and put the glasses of juice on the desk.

"She's been fighting cancer for a while, I'm always worried if she'll make it or not, I'm trying my best to keep her happy all the time" she caressed her head "I love her" she smiled.

I couldn't help but feel empty inside, I've never had the feeling of love, what is love? The caring and loving of eachother, I've only felt this with my friends and that guy.

"I'll try my best to keep her happy as well" I said smiling at her mother, her face lid up as I felt a energy entering me when she hugged me.

"I should get going"

I went back home and didn't showed up at the hideout like I planned, I didn't want to deal with these problems yet.

"Hey" a guy proclaimed at the same place I met lulia, it was that guy, he had a very common handsome look.

"What?" I proclaimed.

"Sorry about earlier, I can't do anything but obey those girls"

"What a wuss you are" I said teasing.

"I wanna talk to you"

"What are you in love with me or something?" He didn't replied "the f----" he pulled me somewhere but I didn't move "are you trying to kidnap me?"

"You're Asano Mahiru right?" he took me somewhere, it was a deserted place, we sat under a tree with a street light beside.

"Make it quick" I exclaimed yawning.

"Thank you for taking care of my sister" he said and bow, I was confused who.

"Are you talking about that wannabe gyaru?" I chuckled.

"No....... she's very normal, her name is Kano Kurahashi"

"Her! She's your sister!! So you're Kenji" I said getting surprised.

"Yes, I'm really greatful, I hope she didn't caused much trouble"

"No no, she's a great kid" I smiled thinking Kano has been an angel through out the stuffering, he told me everything there was to know and made me promise to take care of Kano, I agreed cause it was the least I can do.

We went our ways after the talk, I felt like there was burden on my shoulder, the energy I felt when I hold hands with lulia and when her mother hugged me was the same.

"I'm tired" I yawn getting home and went straight to bed, I didn't realise when did I fell asleep.