Chapter 10: Looking Out For Eachother

"you still haven't told me why you came" he hesitated.

"I told my mom I'll be at Draken's house but he went out of town for today, and Chifuyu was already asleep so was Mikey and I didn't want to disturb them so I came here but you weren't home so I decided to wait"

"So casual, you want to spend the night here?"

"Mhm"

"Hmmmm sure I guess, but you have to sleep in the living room" he nodded and quietly went to wash up, I brought him a blanket and pillow.

But even after that something seems suspicious, he has friends more then me, we aren't even that close but yet he's here

"All done, good night"

The next day I woke up early to go jogging with Hasegawa, we planned for this last night.

I quietly got up grabbing my shoes and walking past Baji who was asleep, just when I was about to open the door he grabbed my ankle.

"Where are you going?" He asked in his deep sleepy tone.

"To Jog"

"I'm coming too" he quickly got up grabbing his jacket with his messy hair, I gaved him the look "what?" He asked getting confused.

"Go fresh up I'll wait for you outside"

We got out and I met up with Hasegawa, she was waiting for me at the river side, she look behind me questioning.

"Why is he here?"

"Long story" after a long way of jogging and exercise we took a rest. We both got a can of juice from the vending machine, while Baji was 10 meters away from us.
"He's like this since last night" I said glaring at him "maybe his soul switch with Chifuyu"

"By the way what happened between you and Akemi? What does she wants from you?" Hasegawa asked opening the can.

"It's a long story"

flashback_____2 years ago

It was raining, like everyday, I was practicing my kicks indoor with my mentor, he was guiding me,It was the day Akemi was rejected, she was upset and heartbroken.

"I'm worried" she left the place crying and no one followed her, "take a rest" my mentor.

I was wondering where she went, should I comfort her? I got out in the rain, maybe searching for her I don't remember but I know it was something important.

I saw a gang heading towards somewhere, I didn't recognise them but I knew wherever they were going there will a fight.
I asked for a few more minutes of my break to my mentor as he agreed I went to watch the fight.

I saw a girl, a leader of a gang, she was on a one-on-one fight with another gang's leader.

"She looks familiar" I look closely and saw it was Akemi's sister, I didn't know her name but she visited the place several times.

The fight started as it should be, with the heavy rain it was hard to see, I could tell they were losing.
Akemi's sister was down, she cough out blood and was on the floor panting.

"Should I save her?" Suddenly the police came and they all ran out, I lost site of her and got back, on my way I saw someone leaning against the wall exausted.

"Are you okay?" I asked sharing the umbrella, it was her, she had many bruises and there was bood coming from her mouth, I couldn't find help since we were in a ally of a deserted place.

"Oh hey, Mahiru" she recognised me and fell on the ground, I let my umbrella go and hold her in my arms.

"Wait I'll go get help" just when I was about to get up she stopped me, she hold my hand and spoke "there's no need, if I get caught it's the end for me" she cough "you're friends with Akemi right? Please take care of her, for me, don't let her know that I'm the one who has been doing the bad stuff for her" her eyes were closing.

"Hey! No, please stay with me" I felt so useless, I couldn't do anything, I realised how easy it is to lose someone you love in just a second.

"Mahiru?" There was a voice, I look back and it was Akemi, she look confused "I saw this blood and-" she stopped when she saw whome I was holding.

"Onee-san" she whispers and drops her umbrella, she rushed towards us and pushed me away.

"What have you done!" She yelled.

"I didn't do this, I saw her and-"

"Shut up! Haven't you had enough? Taking my place and now going after my sister"

____________

"What happened afterwards? Did she go rampage?" She asked

"To be honest, I don't remember, I thought she was going to take my name but she didn't, maybe she wanted to finish me herself, even if she does then she'll be back in her original self, I swore to protect her as her sister's last wish" I look at my can.

"I thought I took the strawberry flavour" I cried.
Hasegawa sigh "let's see what happens, our gang might get bigger"

Baji's pov

I didn't mean to spend a night at Mahiru's house like an unwanted guest, I saw a man roaming around her house at night, I stayed and watched his actions.

He even tried to open the door by force but luckily it was locked, I decided to step in and stop him but he spotted me.

"Ahh she's not home yet" I said loudly "I should wait" I stayed there for a while. I knew Hasegawa was going to drop her off till the building.

But if something bad happens while she's alone? I couldn't let that happen.

A/N:
Please tell me if the plot is getting weird or boring cause I really think it is and I'm kinda very confused so it might take many days to publish the new parts of I might rewrite this two 9 and 10