Rooks and Knights

The Slytherin boy watched stone-faced as you tipped the entire bottle of the green potion down your throat. A wave of numbness that faded as soon as it came washed over you, leaving you with a gentle feeling of wellness and the aftertaste of ginger and rose water.

Sebastian quick-stepped forward and captured your face in his large hands, frowning as he tipped it side to side, inspecting every angle.

You let out a frustrated whine as you tried to take your face back.

"Anyone ever tell y-you that you are a-a little grabby?" you muttered, your hands on his chest, halfheartedly trying to push him away.

"Be still. I've got to make sure the potion got them all."

You didn't think that was at all necessary—but with a petulant huff—and a faint blush, you looked away, waiting for his inspection to be done.

The pair of you were in a side alley beside Mr.Pippins potion shop. You had headed there after checking in with Auror Singer who had thanked you for your assistance, looking relieved that you both only had a few bumps and bruises. She promised you the troll would be returned to the mountains before it awoke—she had already contacted staff from the Ministry. She advised you both to go get healed up and stay out of the courtyard while she investigated the cause of the attack and the villagers repaired the damage.

When you had arrived, the polite potion shop owner, Mr.Pippin, had been so thankful for what you and Sebastian had done for the village that he had handed you half a dozen wiggenweld potions on the house. He also kindly offered to send the potion ingredients that had been ordered for you to the castle.

Back in the alley, Sebastian had finished his inspection.

"Alright—back to normal—well as normal as you get, anyway." Sebastian added with a small smile, letting his warm fingers fall from your face.

You nodded, running your own fingertips over your now smooth and unmarred cheek. Sebastian brought a hand to rub the back of his neck as he watched you for a moment before continuing.

"—and yes, I actually have been told that before. Ominis says Anne and I are 'tactile emoters' ...whatever that means." he then gave you a guilty look. "I'm sorry though—I won't touch you if you don't want me to...I forget sometimes not everyone likes it."

You blank for a moment at his sincerity before smiling warmly and shaking your head.

"It's okay Seb, I honestly like how you are and I know you mean well. It's just—I grew up in an orphanage, and while there were other girls around...we didn't get a lot of physical affection, so it's a little foreign to me. Also, it was an all-girls home, so I'm still getting used to uh—a co-ed learning environment." you add awkwardly, looking to the side. Sebastian's brows raised in surprise, a slow smile creeping across his face.

"So you have never been around boys?" he asked innocently—though his eyes sparked with interest.

"What? No—of course I have been around boys—at Sunday school...the library..." you trail off, inwardly chastising yourself for starting a list which only has two examples on it "Anyways—that's not the point. The point is it might take me a little while to be comfortable with—everything. But please don't think that means I want you to stop—being you."

With a determined expression, you kicked away from the stone wall you'd been leaning against and taking two confident steps forward, wrapped your arms around your friend's chest in a strong embrace, his arms instantly pulling you in, your head just under his chin.