Dungeons and Dances

"Over there! I see Poppy, Amit and Nerida!" you called to Sebastian, who was helping Fin, Natty and Ominis carry small wooden trays of unbelievably delicious smelling foods.

It was lunchtime. You and your friends were meeting up after a full morning of perusing the various traders and stalls that packed the streets and fields beyond the little wizard village.

You felt quite cheerful—but a bit knackered and hungry after you had been pulled all over the village by various sub groups of your party.

Ominis and Natty had first steered you into a large book trader tent. Sebastian and Imelda wanted to look for a festival treat Anne favored while the others broke off into groups to shop—with Fin surprisingly joining Garreth and Poppy to check out the potions row where clouds of different coloured smoke hung in a haze over the crowded alley.

You, Natty and Ominis had a wonderful time choosing books and haggling with the friendly traders. You had found an entire bookcase of muggle novels and periodicals that kept your attention for a while. Ominis asked about different titles and authors as he felt along the books—choosing several on your recommendation.

You picked up a few cheap classics along with a collection of Dickens short stories you thought would make Ominis laugh. You also found a curious looking slim book with lots of illustrations and photos you thought someone you knew might like and you paid a few knuts for it.

Natty had found a book she was missing from an adventure series she liked—as well as a potions book that was made for Animagus' to use along with their transformation.

You felt you had only just accepted the charmed cloth bag that made your quite sizable stack of books feel as light as a magazine, when Imelda snatched your hand to pull you to the broom stalls.

Sebastian joined you and his captain as you watched demonstrations from prototype brooms makers and listened to sales wizards and witches bark for customers with their fabulous accessories for riders and Quidditch players.

Sebastian was drawn into looking archly at some more brass gadgets for brooms. He asked questions of the knowledgeable witch who designed the devices, with her demonstrating various tools for navigation, speed and sport.

Sebastian found you and Imelda as you were looking at different Pop Skirt designs with several other girls from Hogwarts. He had purchased something, but just gave a cheeky wink when you asked what it was—promising to show you later.

You bought a few pop skirts in some basic colors that would match most of your wardrobe—quite happy to be able to skip changing for flying class. As you turned to look for your friends, Nerida caught your arm to take you with her and Amit to look at astronomy equipment and models of planets—as well as a popular accessory tent that was packed with teenage girls. You were delighted with a barrette you found that had daffodils with tiny copper fireflies that glowed. You recalled reading once that fireflies represented hope for future happiness.

You thought the warm glow and delicate design would suit Anne's dark locks nicely.

At around noon, you found Ominis, Sebastian and Natty by the food stalls and you decided to enact your plan from the walk up to the village.

You flitted around the shopping area tasking friends with gathering supplies and collecting money and orders.

After getting your allotment of the requested food items—all charmed to stay at the perfect temperature, you joined your friends as you made for the large field beside the village full of picnics and tents.

You smiled and waved at a few students you knew from class before you saw a blanket under a tree with a few of your teachers on it—as well as your perfectly-groomed Headmaster.