Chapter 2: Belonging

The dim glow of the warehouse cast eerie shadows across the couch where Jason and Toy Chica sat, engrossed in conversation about the history that lay dormant within the walls.

"As far as I know, this place was abandoned after the tragic incidents of Fazbear's." Jason explained, a somber undertone in his voice. "Fazbear Entertainment has a dark history, and it seems like it's covered it all up for years." Toy Chica processed Jason's words, her eyes reflecting the ambient light of the warehouse.

"So," Toy Chica began to ask, "this is like a graveyard for animatronics?"

"Not fully," Jason responded as he looked at Toy Chica, "There are more than just animatronic's here." Toy Chica tilted her head.

"More?" Toy Chica asked.
"Yeah," Jason exclaimed, "Newspapers, Training Tapes, even springlock hand cranks." Before Jason or Toy Chica could continue the conversation, the lights began to flicker and sputter, before a sudden darkness enveloped the entire Warehouse. The overhead lights flickered and died, plunging the warehouse into an inky blackness. The ambient hum of electronics ceased, leaving behind an unsettling silence. Even the Music Box, which once held a comforting melody, fell silent as the power outage disrupted its almost ethereal tune. Jason then let out an angry, disgruntled tone.

"God Damn it!" Jason yelled, sounding angry as Toy Chica, who's eye lights flickered on, looked at him.
"What just happened?" Toy Chica asked, eye lights flickering on. Jason groaned in frustration as he looked at Toy Chica.

"The power went out," Jason said, sounding disgruntled, "it happens once a week at this point..." An odd, unexplainable sense of unease began to seep into the area as Jason got up.

"Come on," Jason said, "We should find the breaker; get the lights back on." Toy Chica got up as Jason found a Flashlight on his desk and turned it on. The absence of the glowing lights made the warehouse feel like an ancient tomb, with all of its eerie mysteriousness. Jason pulled out a flashlight from his pocket, the beam cutting through the darkness as him and Toy Chica navigated the corridors.

"So," Toy Chica began to speak, attempting to break the silence, "Where exactly is this place?" Toy Chica's eyes glowed in the darkness, seeming to compliment the flashlight's glow as she followed Jason through the corridors of the Warehouse's backrooms.

"Hurricane, Utah," Jason answered, his voice carrying the weight of history. "This place has been home to mysterious occurrences for years." The warehouse seemed to absorb Jason's words, responding with a chilling silence. As they ventured deeper, the flashlight guided Jason and Toy Chica's path. Suddenly, the flashlight flickered, causing Jason and Toy Chica to freeze.

"Oh, come on!" Jason said, smacking the Flashlight, "I just replaced the Batteries in this thing yesterday!" In the abrupt silence, a creak echoed through the corridor.

"What was that...?" Toy Chica asked, seeming to be creeped out.
"What was what?" Jason responded. Then, the eerie creaking sound was heard again, this time louder.

"That..." Toy Chica stuttered, seeming afraid as she huddled close to Jason. Toy Chica couldn't explain why she did this at the time, after all, it's not like she was more human before... but she just felt a bit safer while she hugged Jason. Toy Chica tensed, her sensors detecting an unfamiliar presence.

"What's happening, Jason?" Toy Chica asked with a stutter. "There's a shadow on the wall..."

"Stay calm," Jason said, his voice resonating through the shadows, "We'll know what it is once we get the power back on..." As Jason and Toy Chica ventured deeper, the warehouse revealed hidden corners and forgotten relics. But there was something else; an elusive figure in the darkness, remaining hidden, only being seen through shadows.