Chapter 3: The Body

Toy Chica and Jason woke up the next day after a long night of searching, only to find absolutely nothing about why Toy Chica's Friends were acting the way they had. The Duo then got up, before Jason noticed a box out of the Corner of his eye. Curiously, Jason opened it, and found an old Newspaper Article, yellow and curled, and its text faded, but it was still, almost perfectly preserved.

HELP WANTED
Freddy Fazbear's PizzaFamily pizzeria looking for security guard to work the nightshift.
12am-6am.
Monitor cameras, ensure safety of equipment and animatronic characters.
Not responsible for injury/dismemberment.$120 a week.
To apply call:1-888-FAZ-FAZBEAR

Jason then checked his back pocket as Toy Chica looked at him, confused.

"What are you doing?" Toy Chica asked.
"I'm making a call," Jason replied before dialing the number on the newspaper on his cellphone. The Phone ringed for a good minute before someone answered.

"Hello?" Asked the person on the other end.
"Hi~!" Jason responded, "I found an old newspaper clipping in my grandpa's attic, and It said there was this place that was looking for a nightguard called, 'Freddy Fazbear's Pizza?'

 "I'm, sorry?" Asked the person on the other end of the Phone.
"Yeah," Jason said, "Said the pay was $120 a week, and I was wondering if the job was still available?" The person on the other phone typed something, then spoke.

"Oh," They exclaimed, "apparently it is, why?""Oh," Jason said, "Uh, I'm living with a friend and we were wondering if we could maybe apply for a job there, if that's alright."

"Of course," Said the person on the other end, "One moment." The person typed something and then got back on the phone.

"It should be in an abandoned Mall complex." The Person on the phone explained, "Near a town called, 'Hurricane Utah.'"

"Oh, Perfect;" Jason said, "That's right in the area, thank you~!"

"You're welcome, sir;" The person said, "Have a good night~!" Jason hung up the phone as he looked at Toy Chica, the two of them smiling. In the blink of an eye, Jason and Toy Chica entered the abandoned mall; whenever you're excited, time suddenly zips past like that. The wide entrances were sealed with hammered metal doors, no doubt intended to be temporary until construction was finished. Still, it wasn't difficult to find a way in, since many large mounds of gravel and sand scaled the walls, leading right up to the edges of the large, gaping windows.

"They're not trying hard to keep people out," Jason said, "but what's anyone going to steal, anyways?" Jason and Toy Chica climbed the hills slowly, the gravel shifting and sliding beneath their feet as they went. Jason reached the window first and peered through, and Toy Chica, who was right behind him, looked over his shoulder.

"Looks like we can drop down." Toy Chica said, before moving Jason out of the way, ""I'll go first." Toy Chica felt reckless. Without looking through to see how far the fall was, she put her feet through the opening and let herself drop. She landed, knees bent; the impact rocked her, but it did not hurt. She looked up at Jason, who was staring down at her.

"Oh. Hang on!" Toy Chica called, pulling a short stepladder from a wall nearby and setting it under the window.

"Okay," Toy Chica said. "Come on!" Jason dropped down and looked around. Inside was an atrium, or maybe it would have become a food court, with metal benches and plastic tables scattered around, some bolted to the floor. The ceiling rose up high above them, with a glass roof where they could see the stars peering down at them.

"Very postapocalyptic," Jason joked, her voice echoing in the open space. They began to walk through the empty halls, peering into each of the massive cavities where a department store might have been. Some parts of the mall had been almost finished, while others were in shambles. Some hallways were littered with piles of dusty concrete bricks and stacks of wood; others were lined with glass-paneled storefronts, lights hanging in perfect rows above their heads.