Bʀɪɢʜᴛ

______________________________________

Carlos had run off when his dad made his way outside. Before she knew it, Flynn, Julie's best friend, runs toward the studio. Layla slowly makes her way down the steps.

She slowly approaches the studio before she stops. She squints as she sees the three boys peeping into the window of the studio.

"You know, it's not nice to snoop." She says making the boys jump as they turn to her.

"Oh. Hi." Alex says awkwardly

"We were just- um..." Luke starts as Layla furrows her brows, "We heard Julie playing."

"Oh," She nods, "Yeah, I heard it too."

"Did you know she could sing like that ?"

"Of course I did. She's my cousin."

"Why didn't you say anything yesterday ? She said she didn't play."

"Because it's not my place to say." Layla shrugs, "There's a reason she said what she said."

She watches them peep into the studio again before they drop down. The door opens revealing the two girls.

"Hey, Layla." Flynn smiles

"Hey." She smiles

"Oh hey !" Julie says looking toward the boys. Flynn eyes her as her eyes go wide, "Let's hustle !"

Flynn nods as Julie comes toward them. Flynn makes her way up the stairs as Julie turns to try and wave at the boys

"Don't worry ! We weren't listening." Reggie says earning a kick from Luke.

Flynn becomes more confused at Julie's actions, so Layla tries to play along like they were waving off a bug.

"Stupid bug." Layla chuckles as Julie catches on.

She waves her arms around as she giggles awkwardly. "Let's go !"

Layla's eyes widen as she sighs following the two.

______________________________________

As soon as Layla steps into school, she's greeted by Janet. The girl follows her to her locker keeping small conversation.

Janet continues on as Layla digs through her locker.

"Janet." Layla says

"Yeah ?"

"What if I told you that yesterday I saw ghosts ?"

Janet stops as she turns to her friend, "I'd recommend that you seek some serious help."

"No, seriously. Julie and I were going to clean out my aunt's studio and three random boys showed up out of no where."

"That's concerning."