I Gᴏᴛ Tʜᴇ Mᴜsɪᴄ (2)

_______________________________________

The girls managed to sneak past the security that Carrie's house had and walk up to the door step. Julie and Flynn were both out of breath as they rang the doorbell. Julie looks into the window before quickly returning to the door as Carrie approaches. The door opens and Carrie immediately holds a scowl.

"Hey !" Julie and Flynn say with a smile. Janet gives a polite smile as Layla makes no effort to be nice.

"What are you guys doing here ?" Carrie says before standing up straight, "How'd you get over the security gate ?"

"Teamwork !" Julie jokes, "Do you have a Band-Aid ? The barbed wire's new."

"What do you want ?"

"Uh..." Janet stumbles, "Just thought you should know that Julie and Layla's band is playing at the dance tonight."

"Now you know." Julie smiles awkwardly

"You guys are acting weirder than usual." Carrie frowns

"Probably because we're thirsty."

"Yeah."

"Can we come in for a glass of water ?" Julie asks

"Ugh ! Fine, if it'll make you leave faster." Carrie says opening the door wider, "Don't break anything."

Layla gives a sarcastic smile as Carrie walks off. Julie points the other way before she and Flynn walk off. Janet and Layla follow close behind as they enter another room.

Julie sighs, "Where are you ?"

"I'm... I'm right here." Someone says causing the girls to turn abruptly. Layla immediately recognizes Nick, Carrie's boyfriend and Julie's crush.

Flynn and Julie laugh awkwardly, "Nick ! Look, Flynn, it's Nick." Julie chuckles, "Nickster, Nicky-poo, Nick-a-licious."

Layla grimaces as Julie turns to her, "Make it stop."

"Hey ! Glad you're here, Nicky-poo." Layla says making Julie groan internally, "We wanted to tell you that our band is playing at the dance."

"Oh yeah. No. I... I saw your post." Nick smiles

"These girls bothering you, babe ?" Carrie says holding a tray of glasses.

"No, just telling us about the dance tonight."

"Right. Julie and her hologram band are playing." Carrie chuckles as she hands the girls their drinks, "How'd you learn how to do all that hologram stuff anyways ?"

"The internet. It's not just full of makeup tips." Julie says making Carrie turn to her. Her face falls as she looks down.

"Uh... What do... What do you say, babe ?" Nick says

"Sure." Carrie says sitting next to him, "Let's check out the hologram show."

"Great. Um... I'll make sure all my buddies are there."

"Ooh ! How exciting. That's a lot of people staring at you." Carrie says, "You girls remember
where the door is, right ?"

"Yeah." Julie says. Layla noticing they didn't have much time, bumps into her cousin causing her to spill her water.

"Oh my gosh. I am so sorry !" Julie says as Carrie starts to get up, "No, no, no, no. I know where the towels are. I'll get it."

Julie hands her cup to Flynn. Layla spills some water before handing her cup to Janet. "I'm sorry. Clumsy gene."

Carrie rolls her eyes as Flynn smiles. Her arms going out causing more water to spill from her own cup. "Oh... Here I go."

"Oh my gosh. Can you imagine if this was cranberry juice ?" Janet says as the cousins start to make their way upstairs.

"Guys !" Julie shouts harshly, "For your sake, you better not be up here."

After a few minutes, the girls make their way downstairs again still in search of the boys. They tip toe towards the kitchen as Flynn rambles on to Carrie and Nick.

"What is a raccoon doing in my backyard ?" Flynn says. She looks over as Julie points outside. Fortunately, she and Janet get the hint.

"You guys want to..." She says as she plops down between Carrie and Nick, "see a photo of that ?"

"Oh my gosh, I do." Janet says plopping down beside Carrie who rolls her eyes.

"Oh !"

"It's just so cute ! Look at it."

Julie and Layla successfully make it outside. Layla sighs as they finally find the boys.

"So, did you guys have fun in there ?" Julie says as they stand up straight.

"Okay, you'd do the exact same if he stole all your songs."

"But you have new songs." Layla says, "With us. The best way to get back at Trevor is for this band to do great. And to do great, we have to play at dances, then clubs."

"And tours." Luke says stepping closer, "I know."

"We'll see you guys at the school. We go on at 9:00. Please don't be late. There's gonna be a lot of people there." Julie says

"We got it, all right ? Don't worry." Alex says as Julie sighs. The girl turns as Layla stays in her place. She looks over to Luke who already has his eyes on her.

"We'll be there. I promise." He nods to her. Layla eyes him before she follows her cousin. He watches her walk off before returning back to his friends.

_______________________________________

A couple of hours later, the dance was in full swing. Flynn and Janet were already there due to Flynn being the DJ and Janet helping set up the dance.

Layla and Julie walk in together. Layla dressed in high rise light wash jeans and a tank top with a colorful checkerboard pattern.

"Do we have any Bobcats in the house ?" They hear Flynn say over the speakers. The teens cheer. "Everybody make some noise !"

The teens cheer again before Flynn stops them, "Okay, okay, okay. Not too much noise. There's an anger management meeting down the hall."

The crowd laughs as she turns up the music again. Julie waves up to her earning a nod in return as she rounds the table with Julie and Layla getting closer to the stage.

"How you feeling ?"

"I'm a little nervous." Julie says

"You'll be fine. All your gear's backstage. Come on." Flynn says. The cousins go up the steps and make their way behind the curtain.

"Oh my gosh ! You guys look amazing !" Flynn says with a smile

"Thanks !" Julie says as she hugs her. Layla smiles gratefully, "It's my mom's. I finally went through her stuff."

"She would've loved that you wore that."

They look over as they hear footsteps. Janet smiles wide as she finally sees the girls, "Are the guys here ?"

"No, but they will be. They know how important this is to us." Layla says. Unfortunately, for her, she felt a pit in her stomach at the statement. She was truly hoping that the boys, specifically Luke, would keep their word.

_______________________________________

ᴛʏsᴍ ғᴏʀ 100 ғᴏʟʟᴏᴡᴇʀs ᴏɴ ʜᴇʀᴇ !! ɪʟʏɢsᴍ