Eᴅɢᴇ ᴏғ Gʀᴇᴀᴛ (2)

______________________________________

Layla stood in her dance class in an all black dress. Her partner stood behind her as they faced the front of the class.

"Boys, I want you to focus and leave it all out on the field." Coach Barron says. Confusion quickly covers the students features.

"You're losing them, Frank." Their teacher says

"No. I got 'em."

"Breathe in..." She says as the class does what she said, "shake out your nerves. Surrender to the music and to your partner. Here we go."

Layla turns to her partner as they wait for the music to start, "You ready ?"

"Yeah, kind of nervous." He says

"You'll be fine. I'm not that good either." Layla tries to joke. She smiles as the boy chuckles with a nod. They both turn to the front as the music starts.

"Five, six, seven, eight." The teacher says. Layla and her partner start to do the moves they've been learning for the past couple of days. Surprisingly, Layla remembered everything she had learned and did it relatively well. Her partner lifts her up and over to the other side of them. She turns to him with a small smile before she faces the mirror.

Her smile begins to fade as she sees Luke. He was dressed in a white button down and black slacks. Layla blinks as he steps through the mirror into the room with her.

"Step into my world

Bittersweet love story 'bout a girl."

Layla looks up at him as he holds his hands out to her.

"Shook me to the core."

She tries to place her hands into his, but it goes through. Her brows furrow as that hadn't happened before.

"Voice like an angel

I've never heard before."

Layla sighs softly as she goes to touch his hand again and she's able to grab them.

"Here in front of me."

They raise their hands together making a circle before bringing it down to their sides. She grabs his hands and pulls back before he lifts her up again. She holds her hand up and he grabs it.

"They're shining so much brighter

Than I have ever seen."

He spins her to stand in front of him before their arms stretch and come together. He lifts her up and spins her before setting her down.

"Life can be so mean

But when he goes

I know he doesn't leave."