Sᴛᴀɴᴅ Tᴀʟʟ (2)

______________________________________

The girls had been sitting around talking for about 20 minutes. Janet and Flynn trying to calm the nerves of the cousins. The boys hadn't shown up yet and to say they were worried would be an understatement. Julie had gotten up to pace as someone knocks on the door.

"Hey, Julie and Layla, it's time." Rob says from the hall

"Just a second." Julie calls out before she turns to the girls, "Something's wrong. The boys were getting those jolts pretty bad as we were leaving. And they wouldn't stand us up again."

"They must have run out of time." Layla mumbles

"I'm so sorry, guys." Flynn says

"They didn't cross over. They're gone." Layla sniffles, "And we didn't even get to say goodbye."

Flynn gets up and hugs Julie as another knock is heard, "Hey, Julie and Layla, you're on."

Layla looks up as Julie runs toward the door, "Wait." She opens the door and runs past Rob. "Jules, wait." Layla hurries to get up as the girls follow after her.

"What are you doing, Jules ?" Flynn says

"Where is she going ?" Rob says

"Where do any of us really go ?" Flynn says before she follows Julie up the stairs

"We've got a problem." Rob says into his earpiece before he follows them

Layla turns back to Janet with wide eyes. Janet grabs her arms, "It's fine, Layla."

"No, no, no. I can't do this without, Jules. We have to go on." Layla breathes

"It's gonna be okay, Layla. It'll all get figured out. You know Julie wouldn't leave you by yourself."

"And the boys are gone. This was supposed to be their moment and they're not here." Layla cries. Janet immediately takes her into her arms as she cries into her shoulder. Layla's grip tightens on Janet as she rests her head on her shoulder.

_______________________________________

A few minutes ago, Flynn and Rob had come back down the stairs, but with no Julie. Layla was more than freaking out now as they stood off on the side of the stage.

Rob breathes heavily, "Let Panic know they are going on now."

Janet and Rob turn as they hear the door open behind them. Julie marches over to them with determination in her eyes. She steps up beside Flynn with a flower in her hand.

"Jules." Layla says

"Signs." She says holding up the flower. As she walks forward, she takes Layla's hand.

"Wait. Where are you going ?" Flynn says

Janet's eyes widen, "She's going on stage."

"Hold on." Rob says into his earpiece, "Julie and Layla just walked onto the stage."