Bʀɪɢʜᴛ (3)

______________________________________

Layla wished in this moment that she was literally anywhere else. The school was having an assembly and the girl group, Dirty Candy, consisting of one of Julie's old friends, Carrie, and a few other girls, were performing. They had on colorful wigs with matching outfits.

She turns to Janet who looks just as annoyed and bored as she did. "Shoot me, please."

"Only if you shoot me first." Janet sighs. Layla's eyes catch Julie and Flynn walking in.

"Jules." Layla says getting up. Janet follows behind her as the two walk down the bleachers. Julie and Flynn look over as they stand beside them.

"Are you guys seeing this absolute disaster ?" Layla says standing by her cousin as Janet stands beside Flynn.

"Yeah." Julie sighs. The two girls look over as they hear a whooshing sound.

Luke, Reggie, and Alex appear beside Julie.

"What are you doing here ?" Julie whispers

"We wanna see you stick it to the man. Isn't that right, boys ?" Luke says turning to the other two. Alex smiles, but Reggie's eyes stay on the performance in front of them.

"Man, I miss high school." He gushes causing the other two to finally look over.

"You're actually gonna perform ?" Layla asks

"I was. I'm not so sure now." Julie says as she eyes Carrie.

"No, Jules, you're way better than this pop star bs. You're gonna do great." Layla says

Julie looks over as Alex starts to copy Carrie's dancing. He bumps into Luke who stops him. Layla's eyes widen as Julie becomes visibly nervous. Luke smiles over at them awkwardly just as the performance ends.

The students cheer as the group poses. The girls get into a line with Carrie in front.

"Thank you ! Thank you !" Carrie says

"We love you, Carrie !" A girl shouts

"Oh, I love you too ! Make sure to check out
my new YouTube video. Oh, go Bobcats." She giggles as the students cheer louder. As they walk off, the principal and music teacher step up.

"Thank you, Dirty Candy." The principal says

"Now's your chance. Go talk to her." Flynn smiles, "See you in music class."

She walks off toward the bleachers. Janet decides to follow her to leave the cousins alone.

"That was sweet." The principal tries to joke. When the students stay silent, she clears her throat, "Okay then. Before we let you go,
we have a few more announcements..."

"What are you waiting for ? This is your time." Reggie says

"Yeah. I mean, you look really nervous. Like yack in a bowl nervous." Alex says