Fʟʏɪɴɢ Sᴏʟᴏ (2)

______________________________________

As Julie went in the house to let her dad know that she got back into the music program, Layla listened as Janet rambled on about the boys.

"I mean, there has to be some explanation for why you two are able to see them, right ?" Janet says as they walk down the pathway toward the garage.

"Obviously, but it's too much to try and figure out." Layla says as she opens the gate.

"What if it's like you guys have some sort of connection ?"

"Why would we be connected to the dead ?" Layla frowns as she goes to open the garage door.

"I mean, if they're musicians, then maybe they're connected to your mom." Janet says. Layla's face begins to soften, "You said your mom used to play all around when she was younger, right ?"

"Yeah." Layla mutters as the gate opens again and Julie walks over.

"Hey."

"Hey." Janet says as Layla finally opens the door. Unbeknownst to Janet, Reggie and Luke were playing their guitars.

Julie's eyes widen as they rush in and close the door behind them.

"Guys, you aren't supposed to be out here playing alone." Julie says

"But we're not alone, 'cause we always have each other." Reggie smiles as Luke gives him a side hug

"Cute." Layla says as she sets her backpack on the couch  

"They're in here ?" Janet whispers

"Yes." Layla chuckles as she plops down by her bag

"Ugh !" Julie scoffs. She then goes to unplug the guitars.

"But... but we had the volume level on one." Luke says

"But we rocked it on volume ten. You want us to play it again ?" Reggie says. As an answer, Julie unplugs the other guitar.

"I really don't think she does." Luke whispers to him

"No."

"We've been waiting for you two to get home." Luke says as he looks between Layla and Julie. "Okay, so we have some pretty major news to tell you. We had a band meeting earlier, and..." Reggie drums his hands on his legs, "we wanna invite you to join Sunset Curve. And no, you're not dreaming."

"Oh." Julie says simply

"Oh, uh..." Luke scratches the back of his neck, "Oh, she said, "Oh." Um... That's what you say
when you get socks on your birthday, not when invited to join the most epic band ever."

"Usually, when someone says that, it meets the band sucks." Layla says with raised brows. Luke gives her a disappointed look in return.

"Sorry. I'm honored, but I can't think about anything but Flynn right now. She's still mad at me for lying. She hasn't even texted me back." Julie says