Sᴛᴀɴᴅ Tᴀʟʟ

______________________________________

Julie and Layla pace in the garage as they wait for the boys to come back. They were supposed to be getting their name on the list for the Orpheum. The girls hadn't gotten any updates and had been waiting for about an hour now and were freaking out. The girls turn quickly as they hear the same whooshing sound.

"Oh my gosh ! What took you guys so long ? Did Willie do it ?" Julie exclaims, "Did you talk to them ? Did they watch ?"

"Did they like us ? Are we playing ? Can someone answer us ? Why's no one saying anything ?" Layla rambles slowly losing her breath

"Whoa ! That's a lot of questions !" Reggie says, "Luke, you wanna take this one ?"

"Take a seat." He says calmly. The girls immediately sit on the couch as the boys kneel by the table, "It's fine. Everything's fine."

"Yeah. You should be getting a call right... now !" Alex says pointing to Julie's phone. The teens watch, but the phone stays silent

"Okay. Right..." Alex tries again, "now !"

They look down again and this time, the phone actually rings. The girls scream as the boys high five, "Nailed it."

Julie smiles wide as she looks at the boys. Layla realized the phone was, in fact, ringing. "Jules !"

"Go !" Reggie says pointing to the phone.

"Oh ! Um..." Julie says hurrying to answer the phone. She quickly clears her throat, "Hello ?"

"Hi, this is Tasha from the Orpheum in Hollywood."

The teens jump up as she continues talking, "Is this Julie of Julie and the Phantoms ?"

Layla holds her hands out to stop them, which they do. Julie quickly leans down and grabs the phone. She takes it off speaker holding it to her ear, "Yes, it is."

The teens immediately start to jump around again. Layla jumps on the couch as Julie jumps on the table.

"Hi. Are you available to open for us tonight ?"

"Yeah, totally."

"Okay."

"Thank you so much." Julie says as Reggie and Luke hold Alex up.

"See you then."

Julie hangs up the phone as Layla jumps onto the table with her, "We're doing it !

As the boys turn, Alex holds his hands out high fiving Layla, "We're playing the Orpheum, baby ! Yeah !"

"Yeah !" Alex yells, "I'm swimming."

_______________________________________

It was a few hours before the band had to perform and Julie and Layla were over the moon. They had their outfits picked out and ready to go. They made their way to the garage with big smiles on their faces. Layla opens the door.

"Are you ready ?" Layla smiles. Their faces fall as they notice the sad expressions of the boys, "What's wrong ?"

"Yeah. We just got rocked pretty hard by one of those jolt things." Alex says as they step up to them

"Pretty sure I ghost peed a little." Reggie adds

"But we're fine." Luke chuckles softly

"Actually, guys, I'm a little nervous." Julie says sighing deeply

Layla turns to Luke, "Luke, uh, can I talk to you for a second ?"

The boys look around before he nods, "Yeah."

He steps over to her as Julie goes to stand with Alex and Reggie. Layla sets her dress onto a chair before stepping back over to Luke. She looks up at him.

Luke chuckles, "What ?"

"Um... Can you do me a favor ?"

"Anything, Layla. You know that." He says searching her face.

Layla exhales softly, "When you cross over, if you happen to see my mom, can you tell her I love her... and... thank her for bringing you to me ?"

"Yeah, I will." He says softly. Layla smiles looking between his eyes. He chuckles lightly, "Band circle ?"

"Yeah." She nods

"Guys," He says stepping back, "band circle."

Julie and the boys walk over and they all make a circle. The boys linking hands as Julie and Layla hold hands. The girls hands hover over Reggie's and Alex's.

"We don't know what brought us here, but..." Luke says, "what we do know is, you two are stars."

The girls chuckle as they look down, "And just because this is our last night together, it doesn't mean we won't be watching you from above or..." He clicks his tongue as he nods toward the ground.

Layla rolls her eyes playfully as Julie laughs. "Now let's go rock this show. Let's give 'em a night they'll be talking about 'til the sun comes up. Legends on three."

"One."

"Two."

"Three..."

"Legends." They all throwing their hands up. They all turn as they hear a horn.

"That's my dad. He's driving us there, so we'll see you guys soon." Julie says as she and Layla grab their dresses.

The boys nod as they watch them walk toward the garage door. Julie turns causing Layla to stop. She looks between the boys before she smiles. She turns back to Layla who smiles back at her. She links their arms before they make their way to the car.

_______________________________________

The show was starting soon and the girls sat in their dressing room. Julie was sitting at the mirror applying lip gloss. She had on a purple dress with ruffles at the bottom and a leather jacket with jewels on it. Her hair was curly with one side braided back.

Layla sat next to her with a purple cropped tank top and a purple skirt. She had on a glitter leather jacket with her curled and parted down the middle.

"Hey, Julie and Layla, I've got your roadies." Someone says from the hall

"Come in." Julie says. The door opens and Janet and Flynn walk in with big smiles

"Holograms are good to go, boss." Flynn says

"Best roadie ever."

"I'll be back in a few minutes to walk you to the stage."

"Thanks, Rob." Julie smiles. The man nods before walking out and closing the door behind him.

"You see this backstage pass ?" Flynn gushes, "We had sushi with Brandon Urie !"

"Good for you. Julie threw up in the car on the way over here."

"And you still look amazing." Janet nods as Julie chuckles

"We made friends with the tech crew. You're gonna love what we have planned." Flynn says before she looks around, "The guys are here, right ?"

"We haven't seen them." Julie sighs

"Wait. You don't think they changed their mind and took Caleb's offer, do you ?" Janet says 

"No. No, that's the last thing that they wanted." Layla says looking down unsure of herself.

Janet and Flynn stand behind the two placing their hands on their shoulders.

"You guys are gonna kill it." Janet says

"We should get some snacks." Flynn says. Julie nods with a smile as Flynn chuckles.

The girls get up and sit on the couch in the middle of the room.

_______________________________________