I Gᴏᴛ Tʜᴇ Mᴜsɪᴄ

______________________________________

Layla and Janet walk up as Julie dances at her locker.

"Julie Molina." Layla says causing the girl to jump in her spot, "Still the same weirdo I've known my entire life."

"I'm not a weirdo and you're weirder than I am."

"Right." Layla scoffs. Julie turns as Flynn chuckles beside her.

"Hey, what's up ?"

"Nothing. It's just nice seeing you back to your weirdo self." Flynn says

"You saw the dancing ?" Layla asks. When Flynn nods Layla smiles, "Told you."

"Thanks ?"Julie says

"So how's the band ? Still hot ? Still talented ?" Flynn asks before she leans in and lowers her voice, "Still dead ?"

"Amazing." Layla chuckles, "Luke and I spent the whole weekend writing songs with Jules singing of course."

Her cousin smiles from beside her, "Come on. You guys wanna hear some of them ?"

"Duh !" Flynn and Janet exclaim together. Julie closes her locker before the four walk off to the music room.

"Like it was flowing through me like when I used to write with my mom." Layla says before she sits at the piano with Julie beside her, "So, this is the first song Luke and I wrote here's a bit of the chorus."

Julie says. As soon as Layla started playing the keys, Julie catches onto which song she's playing

" 'Cause we're standing

On the edge of great

Great

Great."

"Wow ! I like it ! Definite Gaga vibes." Flynn nods as Janet taps her arm in agreement.

"Thanks. I think we have an anthem with this one. It's something Julie and her mom were working on. Luke and I finished it. Check it out." Layla says before looking toward Julie.

"And it's one, two, three, four times

That I've tried for one more night

Light a fire in my eyes

I'm going out of my mind." Julie sings

"That's... That's beautiful." Janet says softly

"And my girl's got a crush," Flynn says pointing to Layla, "and his name is Luke."

Layla frowns, "What ? No. Luke's a ghost."

"A cute ghost." Janet adds with a teasing smile

"With a perfect smile." Julie says bumping her shoulder as Layla smiles.