Tʜᴇ Oᴛʜᴇʀ Sɪᴅᴇ ᴏғ Hᴏʟʟʏᴡᴏᴏᴅ

______________________________________

Layla had found a place on a random crate backstage as Julie stood with her. Flynn at the DJ table and Janet coming back every so often after walking around to make sure everything was going right with the dance.

"Is everybody fired up for Julie and the Phantoms ?" Flynn says as the teens cheer. Layla frowns playfully as Julie chuckles at the band name.

"Great ! Keep that fire 'cause that's later. We're a bit behind schedule, but don't worry, just enjoy these mind-blowing beats." Flynn says turning up the music causing them to cheer again.

Flynn makes her way backstage toward the girls.

"Julie and the Phantoms ?" Julie says

"I had some free time in French class. And you'd better like it because I registered it on Insta, Snapchat, Twitter..." Flynn rambles, "Sorry Layla. I couldn't come up with something involving your name."

"No, I love it." Layla shrugs

"But I'd love it even more if the actual Phantoms were here." Julie sighs. Flynn's eyes go wide as she points behind Julie. Layla turns just as Nick walks up to Julie.

"Nick !" Julie chuckles awkwardly. Layla jumps down from the crate deciding she did not want to be there for Julie's awkward flirting.

She makes her way down the steps just as Janet decides to walk over.

"Hey, everything okay ?" Janet asks

"Yeah." Layla sighs, "Just waiting to perform."

"Are you guys supposed to be on soon ?"

"Yeah, but the boys aren't here yet." Layla says, "I have a feeling they won't be here at all."

"Of course they will, they promised." Janet says

"Promises don't mean anything. They get broken all the time." Layla says.

Janet sighs softly. She knew how Layla felt about promises. Her mom had made a promise after her dad died to not leave and unfortunately, she did. Julie's mom had also made a promise to never leave her and unfortunately, she did. Promises were a big deal for Layla when she was little and they were always broken.

Layla hated promises.

"They'll be here." Janet says placing her arms on Layla's shoulders. The girl looks up at her with worried eyes.

_______________________________________

A couple of hours had passed and there was still no sign of the boys. Layla was now laid on the crate she was sitting on earlier and Julie sat on the ground with the "hologram" machine.

Flynn walks over toward them. "I can only stall for so long. It's eleven o'clock. I think you guys should just play by yourself. I mean, holograms or no holograms, you'll be amazing."