Uɴsᴀɪᴅ Eᴍɪʟʏ (2)

______________________________________

The sun was setting as Layla makes her way up to her house. As she looks up, she sees Luke standing on the porch. She stops as she starts picking at her nails again.

"Hey." She says quietly

"Hey." He says as he leans against the railing

"I'm sorry for overstepping." She says making her way onto the porch

"No, I..." He says stepping up to her, "I just had to leave. That was..."

"You don't have to say anything."

"Yeah, I do. Uh..." He starts, "I didn't have many regrets in my life except for running out on my parents. Especially my mom, so... thank you."

"You helped me feel more connected to my mom, so..." She nods, "I wanted to do the same thing for you."

"That was perfect." He says as he looks down holding his hand out. Layla takes it running her thumb over his palm. As she looks up, she notices how much closer he's gotten. She inhales sharply as she pulls away setting her hands on the railing.

"This is an interesting little relationship you and I have." Luke teases

Layla chuckles lightly as she rolls her eyes. The two go silent before Layla turns to him, "Oh my gosh, I almost forgot to tell you. Flynn said the video that my dad made is trending on YouTube."

When Luke stays silent giving her a confused look, she clarifies, "That's a good thing. That means people love our music. We'll definitely be getting calls from managers now."

Layla smiles as she turns back toward the railing. Luke's face falls as he watches her. He steps closer causing her to turn to him.

"There's something I have to tell you."

"Oh... okay."

"We figured out that we have unfinished business. That's why we came back as ghosts."

"Oh. What is it ?"

"We have to play the show we never got to play."

Layla nods, "At the Orpheum ? That makes sense." Layla jumps at the jolt between them. Luke flies back into the railing.

Luke winces, "We don't have a lot of time."

"What was that ? Are you okay ?" Layla asks frantically stepping closer

"We did something that we shouldn't have. The night that we missed the dance, we met this ghost, and he put this curse on us. And if we don't do what he says, then those jolts will destroy us."

"Okay, then you gotta do what he says. What does he want ?" Layla says

"He wants us to be in his house band for eternity. But if we can play the Orpheum soon, then we can avoid all that and actually cross over." He says standing up