airplanes

Will is afraid of flying
Based off that one scene in The Fault in Our Stars
Status: just started dating about 5 weeks ago. No kisses yet 😥 (but that's all about to change *wiggles eyebrows*)

Will had never been on a plane before. Nico had several times. Nico was completely calm and nonchalant as they got to the airport and boarded the plane. Will, on the other hand, was freaking out. The two were going to California to visit Camp Jupiter. Will, as Nico's doctor, refused to let Nico shadow travel them there, and initially was excited about air travel. That all changed when they got on the plane. Will had a window seat, Nico a middle seat, with a nice old lady next to him. Will was shaking and jittery. He looked out the window and then turned to Nico.
"You're not at all scared? I've read all about air travel, and there are so many things to go wrong. This is terrifying!"
Nico laughed. "It's okay, Will. We'll be fine! It's only a six hour flight, I've been on longer ones. I wished you would've let me shadow travel us there!"
"No! That's not safe for you Nico! You would've passed out for a whole day and oh my gods we're taking off." Will tightened his grip on the armrest and grabbed Nico's hand, squeezing it tight. He shut his eyes and whimpered. Nico laughed, trying to ignore the bright red blush spreading on his cheeks.
"This isn't funny! I'm genuinely terrified right now!" Will said, whimpering again. His eyes were still shut tight and he was still squeezing Nico's hand.
"Hey, it's okay. We're safe, alright? Open your eyes." Will shook his head quickly. Nico had a daring idea. It was dumb and pretty risky, but it would get Will to open his eyes. He leaned over and kissed Will on the lips. His eyes shot open.
"What? Uh, why? Um..what?" Nico shrugged.
"I wanted you to open your eyes." Will still looked dazed and shocked. Nico rolled his eyes and kissed him again, deeper this time. Will eyes widened and then he relaxed into it, kissing back eagerly. Nico pulled apart and settled back into his seat. Will shrank back down into his seat, turning as red as a strawberry and smiling to himself. Nico chuckled. He felt a light tap on his shoulder.
"You two are cute," said the old lady next to him.
"Oh, thank you ma'am. I'm Nico and this is my boyfriend Will," Nico said, pointing to Will, who's jaw had dropped. Will waved a little to the woman, but stared at Nico.
"What? Why are you being weird? Er, weirder than normal."
"You said I'm your boyfriend, Nico."
"Yeah, well, what else are you?" Nico said, kissing the back of Will's hand. Will shrank impossibly further down into his seat and turned impossibly redder. The old lady laughed.
"I'm assuming you haven't been together long?" she asked.
"Coming up on 5 weeks tomorrow ma'am. He's still not used to being in a real relationship. Frankly, neither am I."
"This your first boyfriend in a while?"
"Will is my first boyfriend at all. And I think he's my last, too." Will's jaw dropped again, staring at Nico once more.
"Nico...are you saying you want to marry me?"
"Well...Yeah. I mean, after you turn 18, and I can legally marry you, yeah." Will's eyes were full of love and he smiled. He held Nico's face in his hand and kissed him gently. Nico basically said screw it and leaned into it, sliding his tongue through Will's parted lips. Will smiled, deepening the kiss. Nico pulled away and grinned. It was the biggest Will had ever seen him smile. Nico sat down and pulled Will's hand into his lap and traced the lines and creases. Will leaned his head on Nico's shoulder and closed his eyes, breathing a sigh of contentment. He was calm, even though on a plane, because he was with Nico, the love of his life.

643 words (excluding the top bit)