Today's the day

TW Self Harm

Nico took a deep breath. Today was the day.

He was going to tell Will why he wore long sleeves.

He had been wanting to for weeks, but it never seemed like the right time. He had been putting it off for so long, for fear of Will just packing up and leaving him.

He wanted Will to know, because it was the last secret he hadn't told him. It wasn't fair to keep lying to him.

He walked to the infirmary, worry clouding his thoughts. He saw Will talking to Kayla, and made a route to pop up right behind him. He wrapped his arms around Will's waist and kissed his neck gently.

"Um, I'll have to inform you, sir or ma'am or anyone else, that I have a boyfriend!" Will laughed. He turned and kissed Nico on the lips.

"Hey! Whats up?" Will said, a grin painting itself on his lips.

"I was hoping to talk to you about something? Take a half hour. Maybe longer, but an hour tops." Will turned to Kayla who shrugged and nodded. Nico grabbed his hand and pulled him with him as he ran.

"Where are we going? And why?" Will asked, puzzled.

"My cabin. And because this is a private conversation." Nico opened the door and they stepped inside. Nico sat down next to Will on the bed.

Deep breath.

"Will. I've been wanting to tell you about this for a while. I think it's important to be fully open with you, so I want to share this with you."

Will smiled heartwarmingly. "Whatever it is, know that I love you." Nico returned the grin.

"I...used to, emphasis on the used to....hurt myself. I wear long sleeves to cover...the scars." Nico dropped his gaze. His voice cracked. Will caressed his face.

"Can I see?" Will asked softly. Nico nodded slowly.

Will slowly and carefully rolled up Nico's long sleeves. Thin white lines crisscrossed up and down his arm. Nico closed his tears eyes and looked away. Will wiped his tears from his face. He bent down and kissed the scars.

"I love you. And that means loving every part of you. You might not be proud of these, but they are a part of your journey. Your journey to recovery. Your journey to me. They are battle scars. And if I'm going to love you, I'm going to love every inch of you."

Will cradled Nico's head in his hand and Nico smiled and laughed weakly at his words. Will pulled him into a gentle kiss and pulled his sleeve down. He pulled away and wrapped his arms around his boyfriend. Nico smiled and cried into Will's shoulder, hugging him back.

"When, Nico?" Will asked in a low voice.

"When I was young. For years. I stopped for a while...until Jason. But I've been clean for a year." Will smiled proudly.

"Good." He stroked Nico's face with his thumb. "You know...I don't think any less of you, Nico," he said quietly. Nico smiled.

"Good. I don't want you to. I done with people pitying me my whole life. Sharing my stories doesn't mean that I want your pity!" Will nodded.

"Understandable." He paused. "You are really awesome, you know?" Nico turned red and smiled sheepishly.

"Well, I-"

"No. You're amazing and I love you. Deal with that," Will said, and he pulled Nico into a deep kiss.