Percy's best man speech

Remember, Jason's dead.
But Percy's here!

"Hello everyone! I'm here for my best man speech. I'm Percy, Nico's best man," Percy said enthusiastically into the microphone. Nico smiled for the gazillionth time.

"Initially, I was shocked when Nico asked me to be his best man, because I didn't even know he wanted me to be in his wedding at all. But I'm so glad he did ask, because these guys mean a lot to me and my family."

"I met Nico when he was ten. He was excited, and talkative, shocking to those who haven't known him as long. He lost some of that excitement for a while. It was really upsetting for us to see him deflate, and become an introvert with tendencies to raise the dead." That got a laugh.

"But ever since Will came into his life, there's this joy in him again. Sure, he's still dark and has questionable taste in jokes, but his ten year old self is back. I remember once when he came running up to me and Will when we had been talking, and he was so excited. He used these big gestures, and he got progressively louder as he spoke. I don't even remember what he was talking about, but I do remember that I literally cried. Over the years, I'd started to feel so protective over him. He's practically my little brother, and seeing him so happy again moved me to tears." Nico wiped his eyes and laughed.

"These two are so perfect with each other, they make the standard happy couple appear to be in shambles. I know we know that they've gone through so much together, but they are so happy to be together and that's honestly what makes them fun to be around. They've done so much more for us than they know, but I think the biggest was when my wife, Annabeth, and I had our first kids. We had twins, and didn't know anything about parenting. We got so focused on the children, we often forgot to eat. We expressed this to Nico and Will, mostly as a joke, but they took it very seriously."

"Two days or so later, they showed up with 3 lasagnas. That sounds weird, but only if you haven't tried Nico's lasagna, it's the best, but that's not the point. The point is, they knew we needed help and brought it to us almost immediately. We both cried after they left because we were just so grateful."

"I also know that Nico and Will are literally the best babysitters ever. When the twins were three months old, they came over and picked them up and took them to their house for a couple hours, and told me and Annabeth sleep and shower and grocery shop, just whatever we needed to do. Let me tell you, we needed to sleep badly. We both crashed and then showered and went shopping and a couple other things that had to get done but we didn't have the time for. It was so helpful and kind of them to do that, because we didn't even ask them to."

"If anyone deserves the world, it's these two," Percy finished, wiping his eyes. Thunderous applause came from the tables, and Nico and Will smiled and dried their own tears.