ch.06

Standing on the Phams' veranda in the late afternoon, she hastily loosens the tied strings on her hoodie that were somehow suffocating her all of a sudden when she was just alright a couple of hours ago before arriving at the house. She thinks it's just her unnecessary overthinking making her act like this.
Patiently waiting for Hanni to come out of the door, what visits her is Hanni's younger
brother instead, Jungwon. He's looking all comfortable in his pajamas, as if he had just woken up from a nap minutes ago.
"Hey, miss Minji. It seems like this little hang out with my older sister is going to be
casual?" He eyes her hoodie and points out the sweatpants she's wearing.
"Yeah, I wouldn't want to wear something formal to the arcade." They both laugh, although Minji's smile softly disappears due to nervousness. Hanni's brother notices this, and he playfully slaps her arm.
"Hey! You shouldn't be scared, even if she looks like it, my sister doesn't bite at all! I'm sure she'll love your company." He tries to cheer her up, Minji smiles back.
The door opened once again and Hanni finally arrived, wearing a simple white shirt with gray sweatpants, carrying a jacket on her shoulders.
And of course, Hanni never forgets to bring her favorite strawberry tote bag.
"You both look like you're going out for a jog." A female voice is heard through the same door, then a man speaks in reply, "...or a gym." Hanni's parents were standing by its frames.
"Now go and shoo away before the malls close on you." Hanni's father jokingly swats his hands, all of them laughing in unison. The two girls bid their goodbyes to Hanni's family as they make their way to Minji's vehicle.
"You both, have a great time!" Her mother says.
"Hanni, don't annoy miss Minji too much or she'll ditch you within the first ten
minutes!" Jungwon shouts, earning a light smack on the head from their mother. Hanni playfully gestures a fist at him as she rolls up the window.
The car finally moves, and Hanni turns to look at Minji,
"Now where are you taking me because I've been trying to figure out why we're dressed like this, but I unfortunately cannot think of an answer." She points at Minji accusingly in a
playful manner. Minji giggles and takes Hanni's hand to interlace their fingers, resting
them on the car's center console.
" I will be taking you to the arcade, and we will do those tournaments that you have been rambling about to me in the park since last week."
Hanni squeals in excitement, squeezing Minji's hand tighter, "Oh my god Min,
you're the best!" Minji smiles at her in adoration.
They're braked on a red stoplight, the both of them speaking at the same time,"Winner gets to eat dinner for free."
"Whoever loses must pay for dinner then!"
The two laugh after seconds of staring at each other in silence, Hanni finding the whole coincidence hilarious, while Minji's laughing more on the fact how contagious the girl's laugh sounds.
___________

The date was a mess.
In a good way, though.
The two were so incredibly competitive that it was almost too intense to be considered as a date. They both had their own ways to stay focused on the games, with Minji staying
silent and determined to win, while Hanni kept screaming and providing herself pep talk because the other woman was absolutely beating her ass in arcade hoops.
Minji still ends up paying for dinner. Their scores were 12-13, Hanni won the last game, which was air hockey. She's more of an arcade addict than Minji after all, and the older woman isn't bothered in the slightest bit.
She's staring at Hanni angrily munching her burger and shoving a huge bunch of fries into her already food-filled mouth.
"You look pissed." Minji giggles when Hanni's fully scrunched eyebrows manage to frown even deeper.
"Because I just realized that you lost the game on purpose." Hanni speaks, taking a sip of her cola.
"What? Why would I do that?" Minji fails to act like she's shocked, ending up laughing while fully knowing that she did lose to Hanni on purpose, her statement coming off as comedically sarcastic instead.
(Minji let Hanni win air hockey by 'accidentally' hitting the puck into her own goal.)
"See! You're underestimating my skills! You lack sportsmanship! This is completely ironic of you." Hanni pouts, playfully poking her long nails on Minji's rested palm across the
table.
"At least you got dinner for free!" Minji bites back, catching one of Hanni's fingers poking her and grabbing them to hold her hand.
Hanni rolls her eyes, "You have a point."
They continue to stay like this, Minji watching Hanni finish her meal since she was
already done with hers. The girl was eating with one hand since the other was busy holding onto Minji's.
She still cannot fathom the fact that she asked her out on a date. It was just a normal
Saturday, in their usual spot. Hanni was drawing digitally this time, and Minji was sitting down, physically looking in peace, while her brain was malfunctioning as she internally attempted to muster up her courage to talk to Hanni beside her.
"Can I take you out...on a date?"
Hanni immediately looks at her, Minji dared not to look back. She notices her fingers
nervously fiddling with each other, and her eyes roam to the taller's ears, burning red. Hanni, who was coloring her drawing, now frees the stylus pen from her grip to gently hold Minji's hands.
Minji calms down slightly. She managed to look at her, yet her eyes were roaming around elsewhere, desperately trying to avoid Hanni's gaze. Hanni notices and laughs as she leans on
Minji's shoulder to avoid making her panic even more, tightening the hold on her hands, "Please do. I like you a lot."
Minji's glad Hanni couldn't see her face right now, as she was tightly shutting her eyes,
stopping herself from freaking out too much,
"I like you too."
She thinks she's stupid for that, asking her out on a date technically meant that she just confessed to Hanni, but nevertheless, saying it directly felt like she was finally free from hiding in the corner all the time.
Minji mentally thanks Haerin for snapping her senses out of her hazy mind.
She feels Hanni lightly tugging her hand, indicating that the girl has already finished eating.
They both decided to call it a day, too tired from all of the arcade games they've played.
When Minji parks in front of Hanni's gate, she only notices how the girl was sleeping
soundly, her head tilted in an uncomfortable position. Minji opens the passenger seat,
leaning down to wake her up.
"Hanni, Hanni. Pham Hanni."
The said name shuffles around, turning her head away. She wanted to sleep more.
"Hanni Pham, we're here." Minji giggles as Hanni finally sits up, aggressively shaking her head to get rid of the sleepiness. She coughs dryly.
"Thank you for today, Minji. It's really nice having fun with you."
"Thank you for accepting me, Hanni."
"Our next date should be in the amusement park. Let's see who survives the rollercoaster."
"I don't think I would enjoy that." Minji grimaces at the thought of the ride, she hates
roller coasters with all her heart.
Hanni laughs, clinging to her arm as they walk to her front door, and she sees her father come out of it, smiling brightly.
"Han, looks like you spent too much energy, huh?" They all giggle, Hanni letting go of
Minji's arm to embrace her dad. The others were probably asleep by now. Hanni waves goodbye to Minji, entering the home and going up the stairs to rest.
"Thank you for taking care of my daughter, Minji." Her dad smiles, Minji bowing in
gratitude. The two talk more about the date earlier, Hanni's father laughing when she expresses her shock at how insanely competitive his daughter was. After a good 10 minutes, Hanni's dad eventually decides that Minji should rest too.
"Thank you for trusting me, sir. I'll be going home now, have a good night."
The father greets her goodbye in return, only going back inside the house once Minji
gets in her car. She was about to shift the gear on drive mode, but a movement on her left side caused her to look back in curiosity.
It was Hanni opening their front door and quickly walking to her car, already wearing her pajamas. Minji immediately gets out of her vehicle, meeting Hanni's direction.
The shorter girl pulls her waist and embraces her tightly, looking up to speak, "I saw that you were still here talking to my dad when I looked out the window so..."
"You missed me already?" Minji teases and Hanni scoffs, earning a soft slap on her back, but the obvious tint of pink on Hanni's cheeks contrasts her.
They stayed like that for a while, Hanni's arms wrapped around Minji's torso, while
Minji's hands were gently cradling her cheeks, staring at each other in silence. It felt so
comfortable.
Hanni sees Minji lower her head, her face getting closer and closer, so she shuts her eyes, and feels Minji's lips gently touch her bare forehead, her bangs swept to the side after quickly washing her face just to see Minji again.
"You should really go and sleep now, Hanni. It's getting late." Minji reaches for Hanni's hands that were hugging her, attempting to remove her grip.
"Wait! You have something on your face." Hanni holds her back, removing one of her arms around Minji's waist to use her hand and remove whatever was on her cheek.
"What is it?" Minji asks.
"Nothing." Hanni giggles.
"Huh-"
Hanni's hands on her cheek slide past her, Minji feels the girl's fingers wrap around the
back of her neck, swiftly pulling her in for a deep kiss, and who was Minji to stop her?
The both of them laugh once they finally pull away.
"You're absolutely witty for that." She peppers gentle kisses all over Hanni's cheeks, the girl giggling in happiness as she holds her closer.
"I don't think we need a second date anymore..." Hanni blushes, looking everywhere at the street but Minji.
"You just bravely stole a kiss from me and now you can't even look straight into my eyes?"
The older one mocks her and Hanni hides herself in the crook of Minji's neck.
"Be my girlfriend?" Minji finally asks, resting her chin atop Hanni's head "So I kissed you for what?!" Hanni whines, softly punching Minji's sides, the both of
them laughing.
"Yes of course..." She still answers, and Minji thinks she just wore the biggest smile in
her entire life.
Little did the two lovebirds know, Hanni's entire family was watching them from afar through their window, her brother quietly punching his fists in the air in celebration, while her father laughed as he comforted his wife filled with tears of joy.
That day, Minji drives home with a lovesick smile plastered on her face

_______

If there is any mistakes pls inform me
Thank you ~~