ch.14

Sitting down, Minji scrolls through her contacts, not knowing who to call, or who to text. She sighs after, screaming into her hands covering her face. She excused herself from the family minutes ago, saying she needed some fresh air, but here she is, in a closed
emergency stairway, sitting on one of the steps, helpless.
Her phone rings, and it's Yeji requesting facetime. Minji answers, not even bothering to fix herself.
"Woah, you look...out of it."
"I know." Minji chuckles lightly, flattening her hair out.
"It's started?" Yeji was evidently concerned for Hanni, and Minji appreciates it. She hums in reply.
Yeji keeps her distracted for the next few minutes, answering Minji's questions about her and her wife's new home, how they were going to organize the interior, and everything else.
"Told Haerin I was busy talking to you, now she wants to join." Yeji says, but in reality she was asking her permission.
"Sure, we haven't talked together for years."
And Haerin joins their facetime, seemingly fresh out of a shower, cooking something in the kitchen. Minji and Yeji gasp in unison.
"Since when did you start cooking?" Yeji raises her eyebrows.
"You don't sound happy about it." Haerin laughs, "Didn't even greet me with a simple
hello..."
"You know how to cook?!" It's like Yeji didn't even hear any of Haerin's words, making her frown.
"Why are you so pressed about me cooking dinner?" She playfully argues, and Yeji fights back with a statement of her own.
"Well you never cooked a single thing in our kitchen when we were roommates in college! I had to do all the chores for you-"
Minji suddenly interjects, "Girlfriend's angry?"
The two go completely silent
"So that's how it is..." Yeji bursts into laughter, "What did you mess up this time?"
"Just a little argument, that's all. Besides, Danielle 's exhausted today and I figured I'd do most of the work." Haerin answers.
"You're actually the worst . Arguing with your girlfriend when she's exhausted , you have to be kidding me, Kang." Yeji jokes yet again, making Minji aggressively lean towards her camera.
"Hey! Just because you're married doesn't give you any right to criticize my relationship!"
She practically breathes into her phone speaker. Minji can't help but laugh.
The bickering dies, and the conversation shifts to Minji's own relationship.
"...They said the surgery isn't guaranteed to cure her, but it'll only extend her life by a few more years." Minji shares, and the two eagerly listen to her.
"Did they mention exactly how long those years are?" Haerin asks.
"The doctors said she'd probably live a good 3 years before her lungs get filled again until they're too weak to go through another surgery."
"We'll all be praying for her, Minji." Yeji says, and Minji sincerely thanks them.
Minji makes another statement enough to make Yeji and Haerin cry,
"As long as she lives through this, I'll be the happiest woman in my life."

_________

Im really sorry about the event but don't worry it will be okay for while