𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗇𝗂𝗇𝖾

┌── •✧• ──┐

└── •✧• ──┘

└── •✧• ──┘

The compound was much different than the plantation house. It was colder, it felt less homey and like she was a guest here instead of this place being her new home.

Having spent as much time as she did at the plantation house it really became home to her, and now she's having to start over with only half of her family while Rebekah and Elijah remain on "exile".

Klaus had shown Marjorie the room that would be her's, it was just across the hallway from his. There was a balcony that overlooked the garden district of the quarter. It was nicer than her dad's view of bourbon street.

She hadn't gotten to decorate her room or make it her own yet since immediately after getting Hayley and herself to the compound, Klaus had called an elaborate meeting/dinner to celebrate his return to leadership over New Orleans and his repossession of the Abbatoir compound from Marcel.

Marjorie was sitting in between Hayley and Klaus at the large table that had been set up and covered in different kinds of food. The vampires, who funnily enough had literally just been responsible for attacking Klaus which made Marjorie tense and uncomfortable at the fact that she was surrounded by them, including Marcel as they sat around the table.

Klaus gave Marjorie a wink making her sigh, as he stood up clinking his wine glass with a knife gaining the attention of everyone at the table.

"Let us begin with a toast to our shared gift: immortality. After a thousand years, one might expect life to be less keenly felt, for its beauties and its sorrows do diminish with time. But, as vampires, we feel more deeply than humans could possibly imagine." Klaus gestures toward a group of waiters and waitresses to have them join them at the table, one for each guest, except Marjorie and Hayley who watched the scene hesitantly. "Insatiable need, exquisite pain..." Just as Klaus spoke the servants slit their wrists with knives, making Marjorie jump, filling the cups with blood for the vampires. "Our victories, and our defeats." Klaus smirks as he raised his glass towards Marcel. "To my city, my home again. May the blood never cease to flow..."

"...and the party never end!" Marcel says lifting his glass as well

"To New Orleans." Diego added with a grin

"To New Orleans!" Klaus repeated

"New Orleans." Everyone at the table drinks, other than the two girls who were sitting with their arms crossed in boredom

Marjorie was actually getting hungry and the smell of all the food in front of her was not helping any, but watching the servants with blood dripping down their wrists was not exactly appetizing.