Chapter Sixteen

(Sorry I haven't updated in a long time! I went on holiday, and all my writing projects kind of stalled, today I'm trying to work on New World for a little while, I promise! There's also another project I have, an original series, but I'm probably going to discontinue it before I finish it.)

There was no good morning for Savi the next morning. Keefe and Sophie seemed to be determined to give her the cold shoulder. Well, good for them. Didn't they realize that Savi didn't even need them? She greeted Flori, and Sophie's bodyguard wasn't responding to her. Oh, so everyone was determined to block her out? Even Seri wasn't talking to her – but that was great. No more kids annoying her! Honestly, Savi was enjoying this new silence. It wasn't like Via and Harmony were going to block her out.

"Hey, Savi!" Harmony waved when she got to school.

Don't come near me, I'm going to open my locker and if you come near I'm going to insult you to make you angry. Remember, Lady Gisela probably left a letter for me here. "Oh, hi, Harmony," Savi said absently. "See you in class?"

"Sure," Harmony said, linking arms with Via as she walked away.

Savi made sure no one was around before opening her locker. A new letter was there in Lady Gisela's handwriting.

αnnα,

 í cαn't mєєt чσu ímmєdíαtєlч síncє í hαvє sσmє unfíníshєd вusínєss tσ αttєnd tσ αs σnє σf thє nєvєrsєєn's σnlч survívíng lєαdєrs. turns σut í dídn't mαnαgє tσ fαkє thє pαpєrwσrk єnσugh. gσσd thíng thє cσuncíl nєvєr thσught tσ єхαmínє mч dєαd вσdч clσsєlч, hσnєstlч, thєч'rє vєrч dumв fσr cσuncílσrs, íf thєч lσσkєd mσrє clσsєlч, thє fєαturєs dσn't quítє mαtch, вut í suppσsє thєч thσught í wαs dísfígurєd ín thє flαmєs. í shσuld вє αвlє tσ mєєt чσu ín α wєєk tσ prαctícє hídíng єmσtíσns, αnd mαчвє α fєw wєєks αftєr thαt, wє'll stαrt lσσkíng íntσ mαkíng чσu α mєsmєr. í'vє αlrєαdч gσt αll thє nєcєssαrч dnα trαnsfєrríng єquípmєnt (чσu sєríσuslч dídn't rαíd dαrk hєαrts' lαвs? вєcαusє, вч thє wαч, thєч wєrє vєrч hєlpful), вut í stíll nєєd sσmє σf grαdч ruєwєn's dnα. í tєstєd αnчthíng í hαd frσm dαrk hєαrts, вut hís wσn't wσrk вєcαusє mєsmєrízíng tєchnícαllч ísn't ín hís dnα. вut ít's fínє. just hug чσur grαndfαthєr αnd wє'll hαvє αll wє nєєd. чσu shσuld hєαr frσm mє ín α fєw mσrє dαчs tσ αrrαngє thє cσσrdínαtєs, dσn't rєplч tσ thís mєssαgє σr thє σnє αftєr, í αm nσt wαtchíng чσur lσckєr sσ clσsєlч αnчmσrє.

 lαdч gísєlα

Well, if she wasn't watching Savi's locker so closely, then she probably wasn't watching Savi as closely either. Savi inwardly jumped for joy before hurrying to alchemy. She loved alchemy, but today's potion was ridiculously difficult. The potion was supposed to be a shade of light turquoise, but hers was remaining resolutely dark green. It wasn't as bad as Via's – for the granddaughter of a famous alchemist, Via's chemistry was awful. Her potion was a dark purple.

Then there was Harmony's. Her dark cerulean potion was exactly the same shade as Cerulean's eyes, and made Savi gag. Cerulean was absent, since the school had been informed that he'd tried to kidnap Savi, and thus he had been banished from the Lost Cities to Exillium, although nobody knew where he was, so they couldn't force him to go. Theodora had to face more prejudice, and Cerulean's grandmother didn't even try denying it or saying it was absurd anymore. She knew her grandson was involved in the Neverseen even after their fall.

Even after everything, though, Savi couldn't bring herself to hate Cerulean. She should. He'd never done anything good for her. But... still. He'd been her first friend at Foxfire.