Chapter Twenty-one

OMG, I finally managed to get it to work!! I did it on Google on my school account, idk if that works, maybe? Anyway, here is your LONG AWAITED chapter, I'm SO SORRY if it's lacking substance.

Savi woke with a letter on her desk. She rolled her eyes as she noticed Lady Gisela's handwriting. Didn't the lady ever talk to anyone in person? She picked up the letter, but decided not to read it first. Instead, she headed to her Imparter. Its slow buzzing had been what had woken her up. Apparently, Harmony had been messaging her throughout the night, begging for a response even when she'd told her she'd gone to bed. Savi switched it on. Some of it was spam, but eventually she found an important message.

Anna – Keefe and Sophie are going to look for you.

That was not good, because Savi didn't doubt her parents' ability to track her down. She'd given her registry pendant to Gisela and her grandmother had probably tossed it into the ocean, but that didn't mean they didn't have any other trackers. Savi wouldn't put it past Sandor or Ro. Even little Flori had started using trackers.

Savi sighed before she drafted her own response.

Savi: Harmony, I'll be fine. They won't be able to find me here.

Harmony: I don't know whether they can track Imparter signals. Uncle Dex probably can, since these are his inventions.

Savi: I tweaked them a little.

Harmony: Only a little, right? You're not even a Technopath. Have the Neverseen's Technopath look at it.

Savi: I can't risk them finding out about this. It's my only connection to home.

Harmony: Savi... please. You have to do it.

Savi: Don't you want me to be found?

Harmony: I do, but I know you don't, so I won't let you be found.

Savi: Thank you.

So, that was that. She needed to find the Neverseen's Technopath and fast, have him see if her Imparter was alright, any problems... but the Neverseen had probably checked her belongings thoroughly, hadn't they? Maybe there were answers in Gisela's letter.

Nemesis,

I did not appreciate you hiding that Imparter from me; it's going to have serious consequences. You may have to be moved, and this hideout will have to be destroyed. You realize you are costing us a valuable hideout.

But never mind. It was not one of the more important ones, certainly not like the terrifying consequences of Sophie finding out about the connections to Nightfall. We can move easily.

I have had our Technopath check your Imparter and remove its signal. Hopefully, that should surprise Dexter and make him confused. Our Technopath has leaked a false signal; currently, they believe you are hiding out at Candleshade. That will cause problems for Cassius. Not that I mind.

You don't have to come down for breakfast if you don't want to; Neverseen members are supposed to be secretive, and you've supposedly just come back from a secret mission. There's food in the fridge; if you don't want it, tell me later on and I'll throw it back into the void.

Unfortunately, I'm going to need you to interact with Cerulean for your next mission. I'll have you know that I only pretended he was Talentless at the high table because it's a secret we're keeping from Trix. Trix was too close to Rayni; he can't know about Cerulean's powers.

Cerulean is a registered Hydrokinetic, yes, and thanks to our best efforts, we managed to fool the entire of Foxfire. Cerulean is actually a Beguiler. He's probably descended somewhere from Alina's relatives.