Chapter 8 - X

Confusion. I had tears in my eyes thinking Ink would hate me after finding out the truth of his parents and how I killed them, but after I heard him thank me, I only felt one emotion, confusion. "Ink...you...you don't hate me...?" I ask confused "Of course I don't silly, they were very bad, their death brought me happiness." Ink replies but then we hear footsteps nearing our location, I was planning to take Ink to my house but we didn't have time so I had to reside outside a store to hide from those men who were after us after I ran out with Ink. "Are you two just going to sleep here or something?" Someone asks us sounding a bit angry. "O-Oh...I'm sorry, we'll leave" I replied. "Well, sorry for coming off rude, I'm Wither, I work at the store you're hiding behind." They responded to me

( 19 Years old, name is Wither, Energetic, purple hair, 5'9, non binary - They/Them, uses dark humor, uses dad jokes, is the group therapist who also needs therapy, sensitive, loves sewing, is great with animals, is mean at time, is comforting to everyone)

"May I ask why you're hiding?" Wither asks us. "Well, it's a long story, but to summarize some people want me dead" I reply, not knowing if Wither works with those people at the Fancy Cola building. Wither then says "You two seem like you're on an adventure, mind if I join you? My job is getting boring and I want some spice!" "Well, I guess its fine, what about you?" I say and turns to Ink. "It's okay" Ink replies. "Oh, we forgot to tell you our names, sorry, I'm X and this is Ink" I say and Ink waves right after I introduce him. Wither seems friendly yet rude, I can't put my finger on it, but Ink trusts Wither, and Ink has a great eye for if people are friendly or not so I'll trust him. "Anyways what do you think you're going to do next?" Wither asks. "I was going to take him home, I guess this is where we depart for now" I reply. "Yeah, see you around X" Wither says before leaving. "Let's go home Ink" I say before standing up and walking home with him, I repair the window when we get home. "Oh, right, your beanie" I say walking off to his room to get the beanie that I put the pin on, I return and put it on Ink despite him being taller than me. He's always my little brother and I don't mind that even if we aren't half, step or biological brothers and I don't mind the fact we are both 15. "yawn, X, I'm tired, can you lay next to me? I feel scared" he says. "Sure thing" I reply before taking him to his room and laying next to him on the bed, he always looks tired before he feels tired.