Chapter 35 - Ink

I wake up to find I'm still laying against X, he and Nova are talking about something, I can't tell what the context to it is, but they seem to be talking like professionals about the subject. I decide to listen in. "If that really is true...what does that mean?" X asks before Nova replies "It could mean that whoever had the most impact could be there for them. Whether that's a good person or bad person is up to the experiences." X notices I woke up and decides to give me a hug, something I didn't know I needed so I hug him back, saying nothing. He then eventually says "How'd you sleep?" In a casual way as if their whole debate didn't happen. "Mm...good, I still feel...tired...but not enough to go back to sleep..." I notice after I say that, that I don't have the energy to get up. X then says "Oh, okay" I want to tell him I feel drained, not just of energy but I feel like I need comforting. I go to try and tell him I feel drained, but I feel a lump in my throat, as is something is preventing me from saying that. So, I decide to just lean into him, not worrying about anything in the world. Eventually the room falls silent, no one fell asleep, its just silent. You could hear the wind move. Eventually Shadow stays on X's palm. X and Shadow are like two peas in a pod. We all internally 'Awwww' at the scene. I want to break the silence, but I don't. Not because I don't want to, but for two reasons, one, I don't know what to talk about, and two, the lump in my throat is still there. I stand up to go to the kitchen to get some food, I open the fridge to find the groceries I bought when I was out in Xela. I make myself a small peanut butter and jelly sandwich, it tastes mediocre, not good but not bad. I walk back to the living room, everything was the same as it was. I sit back next to X and start to check the time on my phone, it displays [16:28 / 4:28PM] I stare past the time and stare at the background, it's of me and X hugging, being happy. "Why do things have to be so difficult now...?" I think to myself. X falls asleep on the couch with Shadow as Nova decides to go to the spare room for him and lay down there. I turn on the tv and I see a news report. It seems to get me interested in it so I listen. It says [Breaking News, the supposed 'Invisible Assassin' is here in Xela, even though no one knows their face, one witness says they saw the pack of calling cards that they use.] I think "The Invisible Assassin. That's X's title, he was given it because he could always be almost invisible, even in public spaces. The calling card though. It has a ghost on it with the text "Where am I?" To help with him being almost invisible." The tv switches to a part in a forest in the outskirts of Xela, same channel just leading into the forest. The news reporters say something about how supposedly The Invisible Assassin went in there. What they don't know is who The Invisible Assassin is or where he is.