Chapter 33 - Ink

After Nova goes asleep, it seems to be the most peaceful hour ever, I check on him while he's sleeping and I see he's smiling and crying, clinging to a pillow beside him. I quickly leave the room to not disturb him. X and Shadow are on the couch, Shadow, being the little ball of fluff they are, decide to cuddle against X and fall asleep. I think to myself, "So adorable...why can't everyone and everything be as peaceful as this...?" I then think about if Nova will be staying with us or just staying for a short bit. I decide to approach X. "Hey, I'm going to get groceries, I was wondering if you wanted anything." Although I quickly realize he fell asleep next to Shadow, so I leave him a note saying [Be back soon! Going to get groceries in Xela. Call me if you need anything :D] When I arrive in Xela, I can't help but feel nervous and scared as always, X normally calms me down but this time I'm going alone. I arrive at the supermarket and enter; I can't help but see my uncle but semi-transparent in the corner of my eye. I get some basic foods and some stuff like blankets, some stress toys and more. I keep getting nervous as he keeps being in the corner of my eye. "That'll be 19.32" The cashier says before I give them a 20 and head home. I arrive to see X and Shadow still asleep as Nova is now awake. "Hey" I say in a hushed tone as to not wake up Shadow or X. Nova gives me a reassuring smile as they seemed to have totally warmed up to X as they're currently cuddling with him. He's already covered themselves up so I decide to grab a glass of water from the kitchen. I go but notice when I pour the water in the cup, I see my uncle's reflection from the water. It's showing me he's staring me down with his fist raised above my head, but when I turn around, he's not there.