Chapter 30 - Ink

I sigh a breath of relief as X tells me that Nova is asleep. I think to myself "I'm glad they're asleep, they probably need it due to the news of Wither dying..." I feel X hug me, this is hard to go through, even though we barely knew Wither, they were still a great friend. I take a peek in the room where Nova is sleeping and he seems to be sleeping peacefully, I sit on the edge of the bed, keeping an eye on him. He looks like he's come to acceptance, or they forgot about Wither's death. I see them start to slowly wake up, so I leave the room and go back to X and Shadow. X seems to like Shadow a lot and vice versa. I sit by X on the couch and pet Shadow, Shadow being the adorable little ball of fluff they are, starts to fall asleep, feeling safe and comfortable. "That's pretty adorable" I think to myself as X leans his head on my shoulder. "I'm just tired of all this stress...mind if I take a nap?" X asks me. "I don't mind, go for it" I reply as he and Shadow both start to sleep. Nova exits their room and heads to the bathroom again before quickly walking out and seeing X and Shadow all cuddled up, asleep against me. "How do you feel?" I ask Nova. "Pretty good, hey thanks for letting me stay over" They reply as I say, "No worries" and smile. They sit beside me and X, not against us, just beside us. They keep their long-sleeved t-shirt in a comfortable position as they relax into the couch. Eventually X slowly wakes up, looking around until realizing where he is, he goes back to petting Shadow. I can't shake off the encounter before the cat café though. I saw him, my uncle, but he looked somewhat, transparent? "Ink, you good?" X asks, snapping me out of my own thoughts. "Yeah, yeah, sorry" I reply, X then pulls me closer to him, laying my head on his shoulder, he keeps petting Shadow as it seems at peace.

It seems....