Chapter 25 - Ink

X holds me close as I hug him, I shake in his arms as he holds me close. I feel protected and safe in his arms, I can't hold back my emotions anymore as I sob into his arms, terrified of my uncle coming back to hurt me. "Hey, hey, he can't hurt you, no one can hurt you anymore" X tells me, trying to reassure me that everything would be okay. I hold him tightly, looking up to him, but in the distance, I see a figure, I can't make anything out except for the face, I focus on the face and notice it's my uncle's face. My face turns as pale as paper, X seems to notice the direction I'm looking at, but the moment he turns, my uncle disappears. "Ink, whats wrong?" X asks me before hugging me tighter. I try to tell him, but no words come out of my mouth. He takes me to the bed to lie down, as he lays next to me, I wrap my arms around him tightly and cries into him. Eventually I cry myself to sleep, in my dreams I can just hear my uncle's voice saying "You don't deserve love. You shouldn't have run from me." Over and over again, apparently X noticed and shakes me awake, I wake up with a migraine that hurts with excruciating pain, I notice there are tear marks from my eyes to my cheeks. "Ow..." I manage to muster out of my mouth. X hugs me tightly and asks me "Is anything wrong?" I tell him "My head hurts like hell..." I get up and head to the bathroom to take some Tylenol. I take the Tylenol and head back to the bedroom to find that my vision starts to turn black around the corner of my eyes, feeling lightheaded, and eventually I fall unconscious. I start to see myself in a field, a peaceful, big, empty field that spans out to a forest. It's quiet, the only sounds being my breathing. I see a figure standing about 10 feet away, it's my uncle, although he's transparent, I can still see him, but he's a cyan color and I can the field through him. It's not hard to see him or see through him. "Uh...why...are you here?" I say, more confused than scared. He doesn't reply, all he does is stare at me with a dull and soulless look, kind of like he's staring into a void. His demeanor suddenly becomes mad, like I did something to offend him, he approaches me, raising his fist until I wake up with a jolt. X is standing above me, shaking me awake. "INK?!" He exclaims before I hug him tightly, still shocked and scared from my dream, if you can even call it one. He starts crying into my shoulder, which is weird, because i've never seen this much amount of vulnerability from him. "I didn't mean to worry him, I'm sorry" I think to myself before rubbing his back. "Hey...X...I'm here now.... don't worry" I tell him. "I...sniffle...I thought...t-that I lost y-you..." he manages to muster out, I then realize my migraine is gone so I don't have to worry about that. I wipe X's tears away and hug him because I don't want him to worry about if he thinks he did anything wrong. I lay X down on the bed and I tell him "Get some rest, will you? I'll take you to a cat café tomorrow, I know you love them, and I've always wanted to go to one." He falls asleep almost immediately, almost like he hasn't been sleeping recently.