Chapter 31 - X

TW - SH

Day soon turns to night as we spend time with Nova, we find out quickly that they have the same interests as us. They like video games, animals and music. Shadow took a bit to warm up to them but not much longer than when they warmed up to us. Shadow eventually lays across their left arm, I notice Nova flinched a bit like they were in pain, but me and Nova brush it off, I though dive deeper trying to think about why they were in pain, even if they were. "Well, they were very close to Wither, right? How long has it been since their death? 5..6 days?" I think to myself. "Nova, you doing okay?" I ask them before they tell me "Yeah, I'm doing okay." Before going to pet Shadow with their other arm. Ink seems a bit wary about this but immediately brushes this off. After about 5 minutes they head to the bathroom, Shadow tried to follow them but failed due to being so short and small that they can't keep up. We soon hear soft and muffled sobs coming from the bathroom, I give Ink a look of worry before heading to the bathroom and knocking softly. "Nova...?" I say through the door. I don't hear a response, so I say "Nova. What's wrong?" Again, no response. "Nova, I'm coming in." They don't respond so I open the door, Nova's sleeves are rolled up with fresh, red cuts across their arm as they're sobbing and shaking out of control. I go over and bend beside them to help treat their cuts. "What happened?" I ask Nova, they let out a jumbled mess of sobs as they try to talk to me. I pull out a roll of bandages and bandage their arm up. Once I finish bandaging their arm, he runs to me and hugs me tightly, sobbing into my chest. I hug them and say softly "It's okay, it'll be okay" as I rub their back.