Chapter 29 - X

I see Ink talking to someone at the door, I don't know who they are, but Ink lets them in, seeming to trust them and then Ink says "Nova, this is X, X, this is Nova, Wither's roommate." I wave to Nova as I keep petting Shadow as I see tear marks on Nova, so I decide to ask, "What's wrong?" To which Ink tells me "Wither...they died..." Tears come to all our faces, I keep Shadow in my arms as I hug Nova and Ink because let's be real, we all need a hug. Shadow starts to lick my hand as a way of saying 'it will be okay' and I find that absolutely adorable. I slowly break away from the hug and wipe away my tears, I tell Nova "If you want you can stay with us, I understand how close you and Wither were." Nova replied with their shaky voice "I would l-like that, t-thank you..." before they wipe their tears away. "Make yourself at home" I tell Nova. They then take off their jacket, he is currently wearing a long-sleeved shirt and pants. I keep petting Shadow as I look down and see Shadow asleep in the palm of my hand "They all trust Nova, so I should trust Nova" I think to myself. They take a quick look around before heading to the bathroom, they come out after a bit, they have some water on their face. "They probably splashed some water on their face to calm themselves down" I think to myself once again before offering them a spare room we have, its not the best but its still a good room. Nova enters and likes the room judging by his expression. "Make yourself comfortable" Ink tells him before he starts to unwind in the room. He's starting to relax and look more comfortable, almost like he's forgetting about Wither dying, or at least getting over it. I give him a quick hug and tell him "You're not alone, don't be afraid to talk to us, okay?" He then replies with a shaky "Okay..." I see him lay down on the bed and fall asleep pretty quickly, like he's needed this rest. I smile at him and quietly shut the door and say quietly to Ink "They're asleep."