Chapter 23 - X

I cling onto Ink and bury my head in his shoulder like I'm going to cry. It seems as if I can't hold back my emotions anymore as tears stream down my face and to his shoulder. He rubs my back to comfort me to which I barely manage to muster out "Thank you..." I then start letting all of my emotions out and it feels really nice, knowing he wont abandon me, he's there for me. Eventually I cry myself to sleep, his heartbeat helps calm me down and before I fall asleep, I feel him letting me down on the bed and tucking me in. I wake up the next day, it seems I was clinging to Ink as I have him wrapped in a hug. "He looks so peaceful" I think to myself, I wrap my arms around him protectively. "No one will hurt you" I say to him softly, he then wakes up slowly. I pick him up because he's my little brother, and no one will hurt him.

(Yes, X is overprotective, shut up, and they aren't adopted, bio, or half-brothers but they see each other as brothers - Creator)

"M...Morning X" he says tiredly. "Morning, I assume you want to cuddle?" I ask him, he replies with a nod. I lay him on the bed again and lay next to him before he clings to me. "What's wrong?" I ask him before he keeps clinging to me. He doesn't manage to say anything, but I don't push him. I whisper to him "It's going to be okay, I'm here." He calms down and clings to me, I hold him close to me in a hug as he hugs back, he's obviously stressed about something. "Hey, Ink, what're you stressing over?" I ask him, he replies "M-My uncle.... I...I don't know what he's going to do to u-us..."