Sandwings + Headcanons

Description:

Sandwings are coloured after the sand their eggs are laid in, common colours are pale cream, golden yellow, caramel and orange sand while less common colours are red, brown, pink, purple, green and black sand, the eggs also often change to match the sand colour they are laid in.

Natural born patterns Sandwings can have are often themed after snakes and desert animals (Sometimes Sandwings will tattoo marking onto their scales, both natural and unnatural).

Sandwings also have long, huge ears that give them the best hearing out of the tribes.

Sandwing eyes are black/dark coloured with a small slit white/yellow or gold pupil.

Their frills often come in all shapes and sizes, with some Sandwings cutting areas to make different designs.

Abilities:

All Sandwings are able to breath hot fire that is able to melt the sand that makes up their home, they also have a venomous tail bard that dragonets have no control how much/when they use their venom while fully grown dragons are able to decide how much/when they inject their venom the inject into their victims.

Dragonets are able to puff their scales up to look bigger to defend themself from predators or other dragons they don't like.

Some Sandwings are immune to most venom/toxin/poison from desert life, including the effects of drinking cactus water and most animals (Except Dragon-bite Vipers), they can also become immune to other Sandwing's venom.

Queen/Royalty:

Monarch Glasstail (Immune to venom/poison)

Kind Mica (Immune to venom/poison)

Glasstail's siblings:

Cayenne (Nothing)

Canyon (Immune to venom/poison)

Flintclaw (Immune to venom/poison)

Royal Dragonets:

Prinxe Shale

Prinxe Sienna

Princess Yarrow

Princess Boa

Prince Fennecfox

Prince Ocotillo

Prinxe Pricklypear

Prince Jackrabbit

Princess Ruin

Alliance(s):

Queen Redblaze and the Mudwings

Main enemy(s):

None

Culture/known for:

Sandwing diet consists of fried/roasted desert animals/plants including camales, birds, lizards, bugs, fruit and cactus, generally they are not the strong sweet or sour type of tribe as they prefer bitter, salty and spice flavors but there are the occasional dragon who will set up a market selling food that has a combination between both the liked and dislike flavors.

Sandwings will often have dust/sand baths as clean water is limited and most would not prefer to drink water that someone has just cleaned themself in, they also use recycled water for day to day activities that can't be avoided (I.e washing dishes, watering the limited plants and cleaning medical equipment.)

Their medical knowledge and equipment is lacking due to the lack of plant growth in the desert and often they have to outsource dried herbs from other tribes.

Sandwings are known for their musical festivals and their specialities in different art forms, Sandwings and the Kingdom of Sand is known as the best place to get tattoos and other body art such as gem embedding, pearching, etc.

They are also known for their glass work skills, both for common use items such as windows, glasses, candle holders and many other items, they also make different glass themed jewelry.

Territory:

Monarch Glasstail Palace (Stronghold):

The Stronghold had been built larger as the years went on and is where a large population of Sandwings live including the Monarch, it is also where most dragons go to have their musical celebrations and such.

Scorpion Den:

The Scorpion Den is rules over by Monarch Glasstail's siblings (Cayenne, Canyon and Flintclaw) who came to the agreement that they would not challenge their sibling as long as they could rule over the second most populated location in the Sand Kingdom, agreeing they have now turned the once criminal infested location into a busy market place were dragons of all kinds are welcome to sell and or visit without violence.

Possibility:

Possibility has grown over the years and has become a popular place for dragons of all tribes to visit despite the ongoing war, since the Skywing Queens have become unpredictable and even aggressive to the other tribes their waring august, Monarch Glasstail has become the main dragon who keeps an eye on the dragons there and making sure no battles are ever fought in or near the town.

Despite their main enemies being Queen Goldfire, Icewings and the Hivewings are still allowed to live without harassment or harm as long as they are not stirring up trouble. 

Included headcanons:

Sandwings can come in any colour that sand can. (Common colours are pale cream, golden, caramel, orange) (Rare colours are red, brown, pink, purple, green, black)

Sandwings have snake/desert animal themed patterns (Sometimes tattooed on)

Young Sandwings can inflate their scales to look bigger (this causes them to look spiky)

Sandwings will often have long/big ears

Sandwing dragonets can not control if they use their venom and or amount of venom they inject, adults can decide if they inject venom into the target or not and how much venom they use

Sandwings often eat fried bugs/animals

Sandwings often have dust/sand baths to avoid contaminating their limited water sources

Sandwings are not best known for their medicine due to the lack of growth in the desert and often outsource medicine

Some are immune to the effects of drinking cactus water and most venomous/poisonous animals (Except the Dragon-bite Viper) This also including other Sandwing venom

Sandwings have black/dark coloured eyes with small white/yellow or gold pupils

Sandwing frills can come in all shapes and sizes and sometimes are cut to make different designs

Sandwings are often known for their tattoos and their body art (gen embedding, tattoos, perching, ext)

Sandwings are known for their glass work and will often have glass jewelry