Skywings + Headcanons

Description:

Skywings come in all shades of red, orange and yellow, often gold or copper markings, Firescales can be born with both blue eyes and markings while Fireless dragons are often born with dull/muted colours that can seem grayish and are more sensitive to heat/cold.

Skywings have a flatter body shape used to help them glide without need to flap their wings as much, alongside 'feather' like scales near the end of their tail.

All dragonets are born with stone coloured scales with large wings and long slim legs/arms as they grow their bright flame coloured scales come in as well as the fact that their limbs even out.

Skywing eggs are laid in shades of gray until they are about to hatch, they then turn red,orange or yellow in colour. (Firescale/fireless dragonets/eggs often have blue markings on the shell as well as when they are born with gray scales, they keep the markings as they grow.)

Abilities:

Skywings fire is one of the hotter types of flame, sometimes an egg will be larger than normal and that egg will hatch a Firescale and Fireless dragonets (One of each), the firescale dragon will burn anything they touch.

Flameless dragons will not be able to breath fire at all and instead breath out a thick smoke (That can not be set alight.)

All Skywings (Even Flameless dragons) are partly fireproof, with Firescales being completely immune to fire.

Queen/Royalty:

Queen Redblaze (Enemies/opposing sides)

Queen Goldfire (Enemies/opposing sides)

Alliance(s):

QR_ Sandwings, Icewings and Mudwings

QG_ Hivewings and Nightwings

Main enemy(s):

Each other (The other Skywing Queen)

Culture/known for:

Skywing diet consisted of smoked meats and vegetables found in the mountain range, including sheep, eagles, birds, goats, bears, salmon, apples, cherries, peaches and pears.

Skywings prefer more strong spicy or bitter flavors with the occasional sweat or sour treat.

Their medical knowledge and equipment is decent, with a few dragons being specialized in medical skills.

Skywings will often have huge musical events that include talent shows and fire dances, the dancers will often dye their flames with safe-to-consume minerals that can change the colours of their fire.

Many dragons also do cloud art during the events with their wings and or smoke.

Skywings are the most affected by the cold (Except for firescales) and often sleep on goat/sheep wool nests at night.

Skywings are known for the extravagant gold/metal jewelry that is often covered in precious stones with even young dragons wearing even a few jewelry.

Territory

Queen Goldfire's palace:

The palace has grown and became more decorative and secretive in aspects, half of the population lives in and around the palace. It often get damaged and restored throughout the war.

Queen Redblaze's fortris (NW):

Queen Redblaze lives in a fortress on the north-west side of Skywing territory, close to Possibility and her allies.

Claws of the Clouds Mountain:

Most of the territory is occupied by Queen Redblaze's army, with the north part being Queen Goldfire's territory, the two warring sides have been fighting to gain more land and or to kill the other side.

Sanctuary:

Has become nothing but ruins, the hybrids and other dragons from all over the continent have left and the scavengers have disappeared alongside every other scavenger town.

Included headcanons:

Firescale dragons can be born with blue markings

Skywings can 'dye' their flames with safe consumable minerals (Often used in celebrations)

Fireless dragons are often born will dull/muted colours that can sometimes be grayish and are more sensitive to heat/cold

Skywings often have a flatter body shape used to help them glide without flapping as much

Skywings are known for their smoked meat that they are skilled in making

Skywings are most affected by the cold

Dragonets are born with comically large wings and long slim leg/arms, this evens out as they grow

Skywing dragonets are often hatch with stone coloured scales and gain their older colours when they are a few weeks old

They have long 'feather' like scales near the end of their tail that helps them stear in the sky

Skywings often make 'cloud art' with their wings and or smoke

Skywings often sleep in goat/sheep wool beds/nests

Skywings prefer to have metal jewelry with jew decorations

Skywings are partly fireproof (With Firescales being completely immune to fire)

Flameless dragons can not speak fire but rather breaths out a warm smoke that can not be set alight