Rainwings + Headcanons

Description:

Rainwings come in all colours and shades, they often have all sorts of animal themed markings such as stripes, spots, swirls, ext.

Some Rainwing can have bioluminescent markings that charge up from sunlight and glow at night/in dark environments, the colour of the glow can change alongside the scales. (Does not work like Seawing glow scales as they can not control the light.)

Rainwing eyes can come in any colour and often have a lighter or darker pupil, they can change their eye colour alongside their scales.

They have long tongues that can come in any colour, generally darker than the outside scales/skin.

The spines along their back can come in similar shapes/sizes as common lizard/iguana spine do, their frills can also come in all sorts of sizes.

Rainwing eggs are iridescent and often change colour until they are about to hatch, then the egg will start to turn whitish as the dragonet inside absorbs the rest of the nutrients/colour changing fluid inside the egg, any egg laid white from the start often leads to the dragon not being able to change their colour at all.

Rainwing blood is a light red colour.

Abilities:

Rainwings can breathe out an acidic venom out of their fangs that can both dissolve living organisms, some Rainwings can hatch with two sets of fangs that both spit out acid/venom.

Twin Rainwings can hatch with one having extremely acidic venom that destroys even non-organic material (Like stone, metal, glass, clay/dirt, ext) while the other twin has no venom. (The twins are immune to both their venom and other Rainwing venom.)

Queen/Royalty:

Queen Gecko (Trans MtF, Secret Animus)

King Lacertidae (Trans FtM)

Royal dragonets:

Princes Gharial

Prince Puffadder

Princes Tiliqua

Prince Tegu

Princes Intellagama

Monarch Gekkota

Alliance(s):

None

Friends with Leafwings, Icewings, Silkwings and Seawings

Main enemy(s):

None

Culture/known for:

Rainwing diet consists of fruit, vegetables and the occasional insect that grow/live all throughout the rainforest, they have simple meals with little to no change but occasionally they may do fruit carving into their food before they eat it.

The main items they eat includes apples, pears, bananas, peaches, plums, crickets, worms, butterflies/moths and grubs.

Rainwings prefer more fruity/sweet or sour flavors, they don't mind the other flavors but generally don't eat much meaty foods.

Rainwings medical knowledge and equipment are skills their tribe are known for being the best at, as they perfected the skill with their peaceful years in the rainforest.

Rainwings are a really musical tribe and the night or day can be filled with music as the tribe celebrates whatever is going on at the time.

Rainwings are known for their fruity meals, sweats and drinks, they are also seen wearing flower/plant or animal based jewelry with normally natural vines as rope, most Rainwings don't wear gems or stones but it's not rare to spot on some.

Territory:

Rainwing Village:

The original village has been built larger and is spread out a lot more as the Rainwings changed over the years.

Old Nightwing Village: (Rainwing palace)

Once the Nightwings left to build their own territory and incharge a new queen the old Nightwing Village was destroyed and in its place the Rainwing palace was built in its place, Rainwings now live all throughout the Rainforest.

Sandwing Kingdom and Nightwing Volcano portal:

The Rainwings own this side of the portal and any dragon that goes in or out of this location will have to deal with the Rainwing guards, they generally have no problem with dragons passing through.

Headcanons included:

Rainwing frills can come in all different sizes

Rainwings have long tongues

Rainwings are best known for making fruity drinks

Some Rainwings are hatched with iguana/lizard like back spikes

They often have animal themed markings

Some Rainwings can be bioluminescent and often 'charges' from the sunlight they absorb

Rainwings often purposely or accidentally eat bugs that end up on fruit or that they find

Twin Rainwings can hatch with one having extreme acid while the other dragonet has none

Some Rainwings have two sets of fangs that can spit acid/venom

Rainwings are known for the medical knowledge

Rainwing eggs are iridescent and often changes colour until they are about to hatch, in which the egg will start to turn whitish as the dragonet inside absorbs the rest of the fluid inside (Eggs laid white often leads to the dragonet being unable to change their colour)

Rainwings are known for their fruit based meals and the sweats they are best known to make

Rainwing often have flower/plant/animal based jewelry with natural vines as rope