Mudwings + Headcanons

Description:

Mudwings can come in any colour that mud can be found naturally, generally browns, grays, greens and yellows, with some dragons being born with either warm or cold tone to their scales depending on the egg they hatch from.

Mudwings can have eggs that are often called 'Blood-Eggs', which can ether hatch a fireproof dragonet (Red egg) or a frostproof dragonet (Blue egg)

Their scales can get dry and flakes if they are away from mud for too long, they also have more crocodile-like scales and tail shape with the underbelly being much softer than the top scales.

Their eyes have an undertone of earthy themed colours with any colour to the middle, with dark coloured pupils.

Mudwings have bright blue, green, purple, or yellow coloured tongues that are used in a similar way that Blue-tongues do. Some of them can also grow hippo-like tusks, they also have the ability to slightly inflate their throat to make a loud croaking sound.

Abilities:

Mudwings, if warm enough, can breathe fire but if it's too cold to breath fire, they instead breathe out a thick smooth that sometimes catches fire when it makes contact with oxygen.

Mudwings born from red eggs are immune to fire while Mudwings born from blue eggs are immune to frost-breath

All Mudwings heal faster when covered in mud.

Queen/Royalty:

Queen Mudcake (Clayowl's sister) (Red egg)

Queen Clayowl (Mudcake's sister) (Blue egg)

Alliance(s):

Queen Redblaze and the Sandwings

Main enemy(s):

None

Culture/known for:

Mudwings diet consists of raw meaty dishes with the side of any vegetation they find around the swamp, including cows, sheep, deer, chicken, crocodiles, frogs, hippos and vegetation like apples, pears, mangos, cherries and carrots.

Generally they often have huge meals even for small family only events but it is common for the tribe to have massive 'All-you-can-eat' events that they invite other kingdoms over even during the war.

Mudwings prefer more earthy flavored food that has less spicy or sour taste, but they are not one to shy away from sweet foods (Or any food in general really)

Their medical knowledge and equipment is decent with some Mudwigs being quite skilled.

Mudwings aren't really a musical tribe but there are the occasional band that puts on shows during the huge feast and or travel the lands left unharmed despite the raging war going on.

Mudwings are known best for their building skills, both with clay/mud and more sturdy materials that may not seem usable. Their homes are decorated with caring into the walls of all sorts of patterns depending on the importance to the dragon living in it.

The tribe is often seen wearing more simplistic jewelry, with only a few dragons being seen with gems or precious metals, instead they are seen with wood, feathers, bones or fur/leather based decorations that are dyed all sorts of colours and sometimes even carved to have different patterns.

Territory:

Queen Mudcake and Clayowl's Palace:

The palace has stayed a similar size that it had been originally but there have been a few events where parts have been destroyed and rebuilt, the outside have become more decorative and is generally the location where guards and royalty live.

Diamond Spray Delta/River:

The river and delta is both owned by the Mudwings, alongside the eastern coast of the 'wing' part of the continent and is home to a lot of Mudwings of all ranks.

Included Headcanons:

Mudwings can come in any colour that mud can be (Brown, gray, green, yellow, reds-only happens in blood red eggs)

If Mudwings are too cold to breath fire they instead blast out thick smoke that can sometimes catch fire when it makes contact with the air

Mudwing scales can get dry and flaky if they are away from mud/moisture for too long

Mudwings have bright blue,green,purple or yellow tongue (Similar to blue tongue lizards)

Mudwings sometimes grow hippo like tusks

Mudwings can slightly inflate their throat to make croaking like sounds

Mudwing scales are more crocodile like with the underbelly being much softer

Their tail is shaped more gater like

Their tribe is known for their building skills (Especially with materials that may not seem usable)

They are often great cooks and will make huge meals even for small events

Like Mudwings red egg, there are blue eggs that make them safer from Frost-breath (They are called Blood-eggs), the dragons are also more warm-cool toned depending on the egg