Leafwings + Headcanons

Description:

Leafwings most commonly come in colours of greens and browns, but it is not uncommon to see colours/markings that match different plants.

Leafwing scales can have a 'fuzzy' feeling to their scales, but both their coloring and fuzz can 'dry out' in environments that are too hot and turn mostly brown, red, orange or yellow until they reenter the correct environment for their scales.

All Leafwing scales dull with age.

Gold, silver and bronze are common as freckle or spot markings, sometimes taking over entire scales all over a Leafwings body.

Leafwings have lighter or darker eyes with extremely dark green or brown thing leaf shaped pupils, they also have large leafy ears.

They have green or brown spit leafy tongues and gecko-like pads on all their feet that allow them to climb upside down on trees and rocks.

Leafwing wings and tails have different leaf shapes, often mimicking the plants that they are coloured after, this includes their scales growing larger and poking out making them look similar to pinecones or spiky trees.

Leafwing eggs come in green or brown with bark or leaf-like patterns all over the shell, they have a more roundish shape.

Leafwing blood is a deeper red colour.

Abilities:

All Leafwings have the power of Leafspeak, with some having strong Leafspeak powers.

Some Leafwings can hatch with too strong Leafspeak call 'Xylemspeak' which can cause any plant that comes in contact with their scales to grow wildly, mostly over the dragon themself but this does not cause harm most of the time as long as the plants are cut back from time to time.

Leafwings can sense where certain plants are located and often use this power to find fruiting plants or herbs they are looking for, they are also completely immune to all plant based toxins/poisons

Some Leafwings have small hairy spines all over their back that when threatened can 'puff up' to poke the threat, these spines can cause a stinging/burning feeling that last for several hours.

Queen/Royalty:

Queen Birchtree (Strong Leafspeak)

Monarch Ginkgo (Genderfluid, Strong Leafspeak)

Queen Mothfeather/Silkworm (Silkwing)

Royal dragonets (All adopted):

Princes Mapleleaf

Princes Dewypine

Prince Cacao

Prince Byblis

Birchtree's Family:

Sarraceniaceae (Grandmother)

Juglans (Grandfather)

Feverfew (Father)

Genlisea (Pibling)

Pinguicula (Aunt)

Balsam (Sister)

Baobab (Brother)

Acrophyllum (Sibling)

Cuneata (Cousin)

Lauraceae (Nephew)

Brocchinia (Nephew)

Ginkgo's Family: