Prologue

(Queen Nightfall)

A silver light glowed lowly, barely lighting up the cool empty library, it made sense truly. Who would need light when you could see in the dark?

In a quiet corner, in the darkest area away from the few windows that allowed the bright light from the three moons to shine over the delicate metal bookshelves and the books that sat upon them.

A shadowy finger sat on a set of deep blue and red fabric cushions, their tail slowly moving back and forward across the stone ground with a steady 'hissh' sound.

Queen Nightfall sat with wings folded relaxed across their back as she looked down at her talons, in which a book was held, on the page there were several sentences and notes written down from past dragons.

The Queen let out a small hiss as she reached beside her on the stone floor to dip one of her long claws into a deep black ink jar, with a quick shake to rid of any extra she turned back and flipped to the next empty page.

With a voice like snakes slithering through rainforest mulch she murmured the words of a prophecy she was recently informed about. With sharp, but neat scratchy letters she wrote the words into the page.

"Hidden within,

A true crown shines,

Darkness and fire with burn through peace,

Only when secrets are revealed with truth be seen,

Two queens of sky,

Of Blood and Gold,

Must fall before claws,

That hold the power of death,

And Wings of Night,

Must decide then and there,

Where they stand in all this fire..."

As she got to the last few sentences her voice got deeper and darker and once the last word was written down Queen Nightfall quickly shut the book before throwing it as far as she could across the library.

A loud thud followed as the book made impact with a shelf, before falling onto the ground with a 'pumfh', followed by the young librarian calling out.

"Your majesty? Is something wrong?"

The large dragon let out a grunt before the sound of footsteps echoed down the library as another dragon was heading their way.

Within a breath a young Nightwing popped their head around a bookshelf, spotting their Queen and quickly skidding over to stop before the larger dragon, bowing low with gasping breaths.

Nightfall looked down at the much smaller dragon with narrowed eyes, a look of disgust flashed over her feathers as she noticed how dull their scales were, even in the darkness.

With a huff she stood up as the other dragon stood where they were.

"Yes I did ask for... a dragon, now follow!" Nightfall growled slowly, walking past them and through the many shelves before waving her wings at the librarian who gave a small nod.

The sound of talons clicking on the ground echoed followed the Queen as she exited into the hallway, back in the library a strange slithering sound could be heard but no one mentioned anything of it.