Chapter 29: The Little Thoughts Of A Straight Guy

During Lin An's break from recording the show, he took some time to visit Boss He. On the surface, he claimed to be delivering the plant solution, but in reality, he was transferring abilities to the flower seedlings.

Except for the first time when he gave Boss He the solution, Lin An personally went to water the plants each time.

After all, if Boss He decided to have the plant solution tested and discovered it was just a bottle of pure water, Lin An would have a hard time explaining.

Photos of Lin An with fans and passersby were posted online that evening. Coupled with the fact that there were many street snaps and internet celebrities on that street, Lin An gained a bit of popularity on short video platforms.

Major self-media outlets seemed to smell the scent of traffic and spontaneously started editing some funny segments from Lin An's program or compilations of his past roles.

This wave further boosted the program's popularity. Seizing the opportunity, the director had each guest release messages on promotional platforms to find the owner of a drifting bottle.

At the same time, they collaborated with the platform to launch a related hashtag event: #MemorableDriftingBottlesFromThoseYears#

The official account of the online drifting bottle platform released an anniversary summary, a routine that had been overused by major software in recent years. Users could log in to see the number of bottles they had thrown or picked up over the years.

The longevity of this routine lies in capturing people's nostalgia and their love for retrospection.

This bottle campaign was no exception. Originally a very popular activity back in the day, it held a special place in many people's youth.

As soon as the topic emerged, the discussion broke a million in no time.

Coupled with the promotion from the two rising young stars in the program and the recent high popularity of Lin An, the hashtag easily climbed the hot search.

Under the hashtag, people posted pictures of drifting bottle posters, shared true and emotional stories, making the discussion lively.

The drifting bottle that Su Nuo picked up also became more widely known. However, there weren't many clues inside it—just a small silver rod engraved with a series of numbers and an embroidered handkerchief.

Unable to find anything immediately, people started decrypting the numbers, and various imaginative and wild speculations circulated online.

After completing the director's tasks, Lin An no longer paid attention to the matter but began planning what to grow on the land he would acquire.

In the short term, Lin An prioritized high-volume vegetables and fruits.

In no time, Lin An made a decision.

Chinese cabbage and strawberries.

These two cycles are relatively short and are perfect for building a good reputation.

The next day, after finishing recording some other programs at noon, Lin An received a call from the village chief.

After the two agreed on a time, they waited for Lin An to sign the contract. Lin An was afraid of losing the opportunity.

He managed to get Sister Li to squeeze some time for him and rushed to sign the contract.

Lin An signed a 20-year contract, and the total land area was over 300 acres.

 In addition to the expenses for hiring people for cultivation, buying equipment to build houses, and purchasing seeds and fertilizers, Lin An spared no expense.Nearly two million yuan had been eliminated from the budget.