Chapter 36: Reunion

Lin An got up early and joined the villagers in the fields, busy with both fieldwork and recording the growth of the plants.

In the morning, he drove a tractor at a surprisingly fast speed, barely covering two-thirds of the farm's area.

During lunch, he visited a fellow villager's home for a meal, buying some fresh pork and beef from the market.

 Vegetables were easy to come by, as Lin An picked a variety from the fields. Looking at the vast expanse of fields, the fatigue and helplessness that had accumulated in Lin An's heart in the past few days disappeared, replaced by a sense of joy filling his chest.

However, the farm's profits were currently in the negative, and the invested money would take some time to recover. Fortunately, Boss He managed the online store well, ensuring Lin An had some income every month, preventing him from suffering major losses.

Lin An did have a considerable amount of money in his account, so he wasn't worried. However, this money was clearly not enough to buy a house in a prime location in Jiangshi City.

Of course, Lin An's goal was to build his own villa, so there was still a long way to go. But for someone with supernatural abilities, what they lacked was not opportunities but the ability to seize them.

At the moment, the most important thing was to quickly prepare the hot pot and welcome the arrival of his brothers and sisters!

Surprisingly, the first to arrive was not Nian Wenran but Lu Ruifeng. As Lu Ruifeng entered Lin An's small house, his first question was about whether there was anything delicious to eat.

"How long has it been since you've had a decent meal?"  Lin An was really frightened by Lu Ruifeng's crazy eating look.

"Forget it, bro. You have no idea what I've been eating these past few months. It's not fit for human consumption." Lu Ruifeng said while stuffing a piece of freshly fried crispy meat pastry into his mouth, "My manager is like a 24/7 surveillance camera. She knows everything I eat, even if it's just a little extra."

"You're eating like you've been starving for days." Lin An laughed, "By the way, why didn't you come with your Sister Dao?"

Lin An knew that these two, ever since confirming their relationship, had been sticking together like glue. It's no exaggeration to say they were inseparable.

Although Lu Ruifeng was much more popular than Lin An, when it came to work, he indeed didn't have as much as Lin An. It should be said that in this past year, Lin An's workload exceeded two-thirds of the entertainment industry.

The other one-third naturally comprised stars who were not only more popular than Lin An but also worked even harder than him.

"She went to pick up Old Wen and the others."

"Okay, then help me move some tables while I go pick up my Nian Nian." Lin An glanced at the clock and smiled, "I'll be back soon."

"Brother Lin, you!"

Before Lu Ruifeng could finish his sentence, Lin An rushed out like a gust of wind, leaving Lu Ruifeng speechless in the courtyard.

He finally understood what it felt like to witness others showing affection.

Lin An arrived at the village entrance, waiting for Nian Wenran. It didn't take long for him to see Nian Wenran getting out of the car with a small suitcase.

"What's this?" Lin An pointed at the suitcase, a bold guess forming in his mind.

"Grandpa was worried about my safety coming home late every day, so he agreed to let me stay with you." Nian Wenran happily explained, throwing herself into Lin An's arms.