9. Forgotten Princess

(Age 12)

(Age 12)

(Trigger Warning : Self-Harm)

Sometimes...
Living seems harder.
So, Giving up seems easier.

Every day is the same.
It is a repeat of our greatest demons that haunting us.

There is beauty is Darkness?

No.
No.

There isn't a single thing beautiful about darkness.

It was terrifying.
It was fear itself.
It was filling yourself in darkness until it suffocated you.
It was pain filling you till every moment felt like an eternity of torture.

"You are my son. You are my heir."

Giving birth to a child. Doesn't make you the father. A father is what Bade papa has always been.

Caring.
Strict.
Responsible.
Kind.
Ethical.

"Your face reminds me of every time I got violated. You don't deserve my love. You have the same blood as that demon. Your smile is like him. You are defintely going to be like him. You are his son after all. So, forget you ever had a mother."

My mother abandoned me after ten years of giving birth to me. She said it got too much to handle. She said I was the reminder of her pain.

Is that what I was?
A bearer of misfortune.

That is exactly what I was.

"You have my blood. You are the same as me."

I rest my head against the door of the washroom. It was already past 3 AM and the next day was my first day back in school.

I was back in Mumbai.
My father in the room right opposite to me.
And even though the walls were soundproof. I couldn't bring myself to stay in the bedroom.

Every time I lay on my bed to sleep, I felt the black hole absorbing me.
Every time I lay on my bed to sleep, I heard the shrieks my mother left out as my father had raped her.
Every time I lay on my bed to sleep, I saw his secretary naked on her knees for him.

I felt every breath turn painful.
As the images flooded my head again.

I looked at the stainless razor shine under the light. I kept twirling it in my hands. Trying to control how I felt. Trying to stop the blackness from drowning me.

"Let me show you the power you hold. Let me show you that you are my blood. You will crave what I crave. That is life. That is nature. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

"Let me show you that you are my blood."

I shut my eyes tightly trying to push away the voices in my head. Trying to control myself.