17. Selfless Confession

(Trigger warning : There are mentions of blood play and depression in this chapter... )

"Save me, Princess

"Save me, Princess."

I felt my heart tremble and shudder at the sight in front of me. I felt my hand tremble as I bring it up near my face to see the tips of my fingers tinted with a deep shade of red.

"Abhi?"
My voice cracked and throat turned dry.

I could not believe my eyes.
I could not believe the feeling I had flowing through me.

He hmms mindlessly.

I clutch him closer to myself. Feeling the need to keep his cold trembling body warm. I wanted to save him.

I felt myself sitting down on my knees trying to keep my body's weight and balance as I felt his weight falling on me.

Him losing the anchor of his body. It was as if he was at peace. Even though he was bleeding and trembling.

My fingers trembled on his wrongly buttoned shirt.

"Princess... No."

He begged.

My heart crushed hearing his broken voice. I felt the weight of the universe on my heart.

"Please let me see your wounds."

I begged he looked at my glassy eyes his eyes tired.

Those calm chestnut brown eyes. Were no longer calm.

The eyes that made me feel alive with their passion and craving just a few hours ago now looked dead.

Utterly Dry.
Utterly Lifeless.

So... cruelly hopeless.

He nodded his head. Not saying another word.

I popped open the first button and saw his freshly scratched neck. Droplets of blood adorned it.

I sucked in a deep breath. Biting softly on my lower lip to stop the cry that creeped all the way to the top of my fucking tongue.

I opened the next button.
And then the next.

And there I saw a deep purple lipstick mark on his collarbone.

My heart stops.

What was this?!

But, I dared not to utter a single word. I didn't want to know what had happened. I trusted that he did not cheat on me.
There is no way he could do that and be wounded like this.

There is something really fucking wrong.

I opened the next and then another till his shirt was completely unbuttoned. His chest and torso revealed multiple lipstick marks.