14. His Addiction

(Age 17)

(Age 17)

Vijaya Dashami.

Today was the tenth day of Durga Pooja. It was the day that showcased eternal victory of good over evil. It was the day that the goddess won. It was the day of woman victory.

A woman can be
Maa Parvati.
Maa Gauri
Maa Tara
Maa Bhuvaneshwari
Maa Tripurasundari
Maa Bhairavi
Maa Chinnamasta
Maa Dhumavati
Maa Bagalamukhi
Maa Annapoorneshwari
Maa Adi Shakti
Maa Durga.

And I believed in Maa Durga. I worshipped her. And according to the scriptures I have read. I know that a part of her resides in every woman who is her devotee.

She is the almighty.
And I am not saying this to sound like a typical Bengali. I am saying this because I believe in her teachings. I believe in her existence.

I believe in her love.

The love she had for her husband Lord Shiva.

I keep scrolling through the content in my phone. Looking into some articles on company management. Trying to act distant from the conversation of my family.

When all I could do in their presence was listen to them. Bask in the homeliness. Smile at the love and feel gratitude to be a part of this wonderful family.

"Anu, I am leaving. I can't wait for this. Chandini is also waiting downstairs."

"Amaar Priyo, why are you always in such a hurry? What about the veil for Durga Maa?"

Maa shrugged her head casually as she stood up. Her pearly white saree made her look more radiant than dull. The sparkle of mischief in her eyes.

Here we go again-

"Anu, please make Athu bring it down for me."

Before papa can even utter a word. Bhai starts speaking. Because We all know one thing that would not change, like the fact that the sun rises from the east.

Anurag Roy would never say no Debasmita Roy.

"Maa. Not fair... Why don't you make Aaru take the veil this time?" Bhai whines while glaring at Aaru.

She looks at bhai sweetly but I can tell her smile was sarcastic.

"Athu... amaar prano... amaar sona... That little rascal still didn't take a bath. And you didn't ask me why? When you were born first."

I purse my lips. Trying not to laugh. Cause if I did I would have to face her wrath too. Yeah. No laughing while one of the brothers are getting scolded.

"Thika ache Maa. Stop going all rambo lady on me." Bhai rolled his eyes sassily.

"You little shit." Maa fist punched the air while laughing and throws the nearest pillow at bhai which hits me instead.