New world but not new beginning

I rubbed my eyes trying to wake up from what happened thinking it was all a dream as I stared at my younger brother who came to wake me up.

'Was it a dream but it all felt so real. Everything I did and experienced. How weird'.

I got up from bed and started to prepare for school.

My brother had already left due to me always taking my time.

I made my way out and saw someone waiting for me.

It was my childhood friend. Nanao Akane. She was waiting outside my house to walk to school with me.

"Morning sleepy head about time you came out. Imaizumi left already".

"Morning Akane. Sorry was gaming all night last night"

"Jeez you should manage your sleep more carefully. If not you'll sleep during the day and be awake at night"

"Yeah. Yeah. Anyway have you muster up the guts to tell Katase Shouya how you feel about him yet?"

*Blushes*"No. You know dating isn't allowed. That is one of the rules the coach made"

"Never liked that guy. He gives me bad vibes"

"Don't worry he is a good guy so he won't do anything drastic"

We arrived at school and headed out seperate ways to our different classes.

Upon entering class I went greeted some classmates and headed to my seat.

"Morning"

"Morning Makoto" I greeted the girl next to me we have been friends for a year now so we are somewhat casual with each other.

"So how did your day with Kaoru go?"

"We couldn't hangout as of late since he is a bit busy but he did say he wanted to talk to me in a few days"

"Oh okay. Hope everything goes okay"

As I looked forward and then stood up to greet the teacher I caught a glimpse of my friend Takahashi. Somehow he became the volleyball team's manager or something.

He doesn't talk a lot about it but ever since he joined I have been seeing him less and less.

From there it was an ordinary day followed by some boring classes. Throughout the day I did fall asleep and when I do I would see this beautiful white haired lady with red eyes smiling at me.

It's been weird as of late since I keep having these dreams that felt like it was all real.

The classes ended quickly and I got up to head home. On the way my brother texted me he was heading back to his apartment. He just stayed over yesterday cause I asked him over for some company.

I walked up the stairs to my place and saw my neighbour there.

"Hey Ms.Kasumi"

"Oh Hello Shi-kun"

"Arh again with that nickname"

"Sorry my daughter give it to you and it just stuck. Oh and thanks for helping her with her homework last time"

"No problem. Anyhow have a great evening and say hello to your daughter and husband."

"Will do and You aswell"

I entered my house and headed to the kitchen to cook something to eat.

I was about to finish up when I then heard a voice called out to me.

I turned around and saw a beast of an old man looking at me.

"Wake up from that weak gods games boy"

"W..wha..a..a ghost?" I took a step back just for him to frown and get angry.