Chapter 8: Don't get Caught!

After feeding me Heather abruptly left as she was called. Hiccup and everyone else were to have a meeting about the Defenders of the Wings Dragon which has been stolen. Berk, was said to be responsible for this. How did I know? I stole the key. How? Heather came in with the key, what else?

I sneaked rooms into rooms trying to find my escape only to stumble across Hiccup and his dragon rider friends. Their dragons were also chilling in the room some roaming around. It was too late when I realized and I couldn't escape. I stayed still in one position as I overheard their meeting.

"Now I don't know how they got pass the Defenders of the Wing's security but they did. They took the Defenders of the Wing's Eruptodon and some ancient scrolls that could be use for evil purposes. We need to plan a mission about retrieving not only their dragon but the scrolls!" Hiccup says feeling the stress. Merida comes forward and holds his shoulder with a warm smile.

"Don't worry Hiccup, we're here for you. You're not alone, we'll face your father and everyone from Berk together" she reassured him and that made him creep a slight smile and they started planning. Worried I might be locked in with higher security, I started moving and left my place. Trying to play unnoticeable I move around swiftly and before I could take another step a viking barged in the room and screamed

"She's escaped! The blonde prisoner has escaped!" Everyone panicked and soon their stuff and dragons ran out of the room to search for me. I let out a sigh of relief or disappointment? I have mixed feelings about the situation so I sat still keeping myself in one place

I breathe in and out before deciding to move. If I stay still it won't be long before they find me. I quietly looked for exits and when I see them I take the chance as soon as I can. I can hear dragons after dragons running and stumbling around looking for me, well that's my guess at least. Anyway, I move past most of the dragons but it's a bit hard to move faster than my pace right now because of my injuries, ugh, let me just curse at Jack before I move along?

I winch when I triggered a wound and stopped to regain my strength. I heard loud footsteps and they were quickly moving closer. I swiftly hid myself on a rock pillar and closed my eyes praying I won't be found. "She's not here. Did she get out? should we move along?" A man asks

A woman answered "Outside?"

"Are you crazy? That's like one ticket out for free!" The man yelled

"Well we've looked everywhere! We've been in here 3 times!" The woman yells back in frustration as they argue. In the end they agreed to open the gates for a short while and peek outside. This was my chance but then again I'm severely injured so how am I going to knock those two out? It would be nice if I had my axe with me. I love my axe, my baby.. where could it be right now?

"No time for your axe Astrid!" I quietly scolded myself as I followed the two in the main gate. They opened the door with a few presses on the buttons and boom, it was already opening.

As I was about to approach them Hiccup came flying with his Night Fury. "What are you two doing?!" Hiccup yelled from a above before landing. The two hurried closed the main gate as Hiccup approached along with his ferocious Dragon.

"Master Hiccup! We were just about to check outside, we have been going around the same halls and rooms 3 times. We figured she would've been out by now." They explained and Hiccup looks at them displeased.

"I understand but you should know by now that Astrid won't be able to get out so easily, considering that we have one of the best traps and locks all around the block. Look again from above, we all might just be going around each other" he says and massages his bridge. The two bowed before leaving with mumbles.

With no other choice I decided to approach Hiccup and used something of some sort against him so he won't have a choice but to let me go. Technical saying I'm going to hold him hostage.

As I was about to reveal myself the whole entire crew of dragon riders landed on the main gate where Hiccup and his Night Fury was. Now what? I have to find a way out of this place.

I brainstorm and came up with a decision to find my axe because I would have bigger chances of escaping safely. But it may not work cause hundreds or maybe millions of Dragons could shoot me without mercy; I'm dead before I could even take a step outside.

I quietly snucked away from them and looked for my axe. As I was crouching I heard two mutton heads arguing do I hid in a room and shut the door behind me. As the walk past me I breathe in relieve and noticed I was in a 4×4 room filled with storage, boxes and keys.. lucky me.