Chapter 18: Come Back

"I hate the dragons so much because of this!" Stoick reasoned out, I was still paralyzed from my place.

"Don't you ever want to stop brainwashing your son over and over with the most ridiculous excuses!?" Heather interrupted

"I am not brainwashing him! It is the truth." Stoick persisted and Merida scoffed at him, obviously they were all on guard at the situation, the only thing is.. they forgot about me, so I can either run towards Stoick and be saved or stay still in my place until they realize I'm still there.

"If that was the truth shouldn't we be dead by now? I mean, look at us! The Dragons are our friends! Can you see any wounds or scratches from us?" Merida says so confidently that she didn't expect Stoicks' answer

"Maybe you don't have the injury but my son is the proof of the Dragons violence—their evilness! They are bloodthirsty creatures who are like killing machines! They never stop the violence and killing!" Stoick said, I looked down at Hiccup who was looking up to his Father... like he always did as a kid. He might be grown up and different now but he's still Hiccup Haddock, Stoick's only son and rightful heir of Berk.

"What do you mean?" Hiccup mumbled, his voice was cold and it felt lifeless.. like he was exhausted from all this.

"Your leg. I'm sure that the last time I saw you, you still had two legs." Stoick said and he was correct. They have been so blind and confident that there is no proof of evilness in the Dragons they forgot about Hiccup's missing leg.

They were left speechless, none of them could say something to defend their beliefs "We aren't different from them though.." I mumbled and their attention shifted to me.

"What?"

"We also kill. Endlessly and mercilessly..." I said looking at him.

"We do it to defend the lives that are about to be lost! If we don't we are dead!" he reasoned

"The same way they defend theirs! They're also living creatures with family and feelings! They also wish to return to their homes safely. We're no different from them." I say and he halt.

"You're right... But that does not change the fact that my wife was still killed by them." he said in a voice barely above a whisper.

"You're right, it doesn't undo the damage done.. but if both humans and dragons become friends—"

"You really think that we can be friends with devils like them?!" Snotlout spat and Hiccup shot him a glare. He stood up with his weak body but managed anyway. His hand grasped at Silly Fury's saddle and held his head high.

"Doesn't make you guys less of a devil yourselves." He mumbled and sat on his saddle. I thought he completely forgot about me and when Stoick glanced at me giving me the permission to join their side I took a step and before I could even process what happened a slim hand held my waist and pulled me up swiftly.

When I looked up Hiccup's face greeted me—only he wasn't paying attention to me— "Take this as a warning and leave."

"No." Stoick answered almost immediately.

"I guess you're not going down without a fight?" Merida scoffed and got her bow ready. Stoick barely paid attention to her

"Come back home."