Chapter 12: Drinking Milk is Weird..

"Okay okay, let's think of something fun.. like Heather..." trying to come up with rhyming words she calmed down a bit so I quickly thought of something nice and just one word came to mind.

"Heather the feather...?" Stupid! My inner thoughts yelled.

"Heather the Feather! She's a princess from a beautiful yet poor Kingdom. The king and queen itself were corrupted that even those corrupt wanted corruption to end. See Heather the feather is a happy Princess but deep inside she isn't.." I paused. This was just supposed to be a dumb story but the last part kind of hit me hard.

"She... She was unhappy with her life because her parents abused her and her younger brother. High expectations, high demands yet poor quality of food and service. It's unfair in her eyes but can do nothing about it. She's hopeless but she didn't know why she was still holding on. It was a stupid decision because it'll just be harder the longer she lives..."

"Why was Heather the Feather nicknamed the Feather? Because she's light on her feet and focuses only on one thing which makes things easier for her and she performs more perfectly. She is just like a feather, elegant, slow and light." I continued

Slowly, the short story that was supposed to comfort Heather turned into a long one that she fell asleep right by my arms. I was able to carry her all the way to Hiccup's bed, thankfully. Even with these wounds I was still able to carry her weight smoothly.

I tucked her in before leaving the bedroom and to my surprise, downstairs were my shoes and my axe with the box I saw it was put in earlier. I walked over to examine my belongings hoping that none of them were handled roughly.

"I just finished sharpening your axe" I flinched after hearing Hiccup's voice echo around the room. I turn to face him and I saw him by the spacious kitchen leaning at its pillars by the entrance of the wide open door that was all marble.

I straightened myself after seeing him, do I feel intimidated? Yes I do. There is an aura around him that feels so threatening especially when he looks at me with those eyes. No wonder he's their leader, he doesn't have a use for violation because his voice and looks are enough to shout his authority.

"Where's Heather? I heard that she came to visit you so I let her in." I stared at his eyes looking back at mine.

"She's sleeping." I say back and took my axe.

"Don't try to escape, it won't work." He says out of nowhere before turning away. I just rolled my eyes and frown. He was right, I have tried more than 5 times and I have failed to escape him.

I sat on his couch feeling hopeless. I'm just like Heather the Feather.. hopeless but still holds on, why? I hate myself for thinking that I'll be able to find and have a better life than this.

The only person keeping me here is my brother. I hope that he's doing well, fine, okay... I feel sorry for agreeing to my parents request on handing the dragon master's head in front of millions of Vikings thriving to kill this dragon master which turns out to be Hiccup.

While massaging my nose bridge he placed a plate with buttered toast with hot soup and milk, milk? "Do you not drink milk?" He asks softly after seeing my reaction

"I do..?" I replied unsure, I do drink milk just that we often use it for cooking rather than drinking that's why him offering me the milk drink weirded me out.

"Why are you so unsure? I can switch it with water if you like" he says looking at me. I nod and he took the milk replacing it with water. After, he just stared at me so I got uncomfortable and wasn't even able to touch my food.

Why aren't you touching your food?" He asked me, I just stared at him and tried to reach for the spoon to taste the soup but I couldn't since Merida came barging inside panting and looking redder than her hair.