Chapter 15: Hiccup wants to kiss?!

We landed and I immediately got off from Hiccup's grasp. He was surprised by my sudden action and immediately went down to run to me. He held my wrist briefly stopping my tracks. "Astrid..."

"Let's get your wounds treated first" he murmured. I didn't fight him back and followed along. He guided me to a room and I could feel everyone's glaring at me, but one specific glare stood out the crowd of glares, Heather's.

"Astrid" he whispered to my ear. I immediately looked at him and I saw a smile painted on his face. What's with him? I backed away immediately after seeing him so close to me.

"Whoa! Try to minimize your movements as much as possible.. your wounds are still fresh. We wouldn't want them to get worse." He mumbled softly, he then reached out to touch my hand to pull me closer back to him.

"You should sit down.." I don't know why but he's so soft when speaking to me but I wasn't complaining. I liked it but I don't understand why I would like it, why I felt a somewhat appreciation for his small actions that should be a bare minimum for treating a living being.

"This might hurt" he whispered but it was loud enough for me to hear, he then held my hand and squeezed it slightly

"If it hurts so much you can squeeze my hand" he says to me with a slight smile formed on his face. My heart fluttered at the sight, he then looked at the wound on my leg and got ready to whip the soft cotton and the liquid he put in the cotton on my wound.

He wasn't kidding when he said it would hurt. Even when I'm used to feeling pain, physically or emotionally I still felt it sting badly. I groan in pain but I didn't squeeze his hand, he's too much of a fishbone I feel if I put all the pressure on him I would break his bones and I'd get blamed again. I bit my bottom lip.

It took him at least a whole minute before he moved the cotton away from my wound. "Are you alright? I told you to squeeze my hand if you feel the pain is too much" he says as he stood up, he sat next to me and held my face. Using his hand he positioned my face at a certain angle and started to look at my bottom lip that bled

"Look what happened.." he sighed. Why do you care so much? I asked him in my mind. He must've read through me because he then said

"You're a guest so I'm just treating your wounds as a way to be a good host." He says and my eyebrows frown further. A guest?

"I'm no guest, if so I wouldn't be treated like this." I sighed and he chuckled after a brief silence

"What's funny? Is what I said funny to you?" I ask annoyed by his response, he nods and continues to laugh softly before saying

"I just thought about it and no, you're no ordinary guest. You're our hostage guest?" he laughed, was it funny? Because to me it wasn't.

(It really isn't -_-)

"It isn't funny is it? I try to joke but I'm no funny guy" he sighed and I chuckled a bit, he raised his brow not expecting my response.

"What's so funny? You laughed at something that wasn't a joke but when I said a joke you won't laugh, should I feel offended?" he asked and I nod a bit.

"No. It just means you're naturally funny. Your personality is already funny and you don't need to try so hard to make people laugh or smile because you just being you is enough to paint beautiful smiles and laughs on their faces" I respond and he halts. I also stopped after a brief moment of processing what I just said, did I just compliment him?

"You think.. I'm naturally funny?" he looked down hiding his face from me. I gulp when his head was still down but moved closer to me. Then his hand reached towards my hair and he started swirling a strand of hair.

"Well.. I think you're naturally beautiful" he whispered in my ear.

"And it's becoming very tempting to kiss those soft lips of yours." he adds as his face gets closer.