Chapter 1

Lauren's POV

"Loser, you home?"

I called out stepping into my flat, I'm Lauren, I just turned 22, I'm a musician, well aspiring to be, it's a struggle, I'm living in LA with 'Loser'. 'Loser' is my step brother/best friend Logan.

"Dude, you gotta come here and look at this!" He said rushing in from our balcony with a big smile plastered across his face.

"Why?" I said putting my guitar case down against the wall and taking out a cigarette from the pocket of my leather jacket.

"New neighbor, that's all I'm saying goby." He said and winked at me before running back to the balcony.

I rolled my eyes and lit my cigarette taking in a long drag; I felt my body relax, every inch of it, like if a big weight was lifted off my shoulder. Even though I've been trying to quit since I know it's not doing me any good I just can't. I walked out to the balcony leaning on the railing with my shoulders; I blew out some smoke and looked at Logan.

"Can you quit calling me goby, you awkward piece of shit." I said and he gave out a hearty laugh.

"Shut the fuck up you bitch and look." He pointed down to a small moving truck, there were a couple of guys unloading boxes, one that was probably in his late 40's and another one that was maybe in his 30's.

"So you have me looking at 40 year old men carrying boxes... Wow Logan, didn't know you were gay and also you like the oldies? Aw." I teased him jabbing his side softly. He stuck his tongue out at me and laughed sarcastically giving me a playful shove.

I smirked and took another drag and let out the smoke slowly right on his face. He coughed and scrunched his face up faking disgust and then gave me a goofy smile.

"I'm not gay, they aren't who I'm looking at you whore. SHE is who I'm looking at." He pointed to a light blue beetle, leaning on her side on the passengers door was a girl, first thing I saw was her ass and YOWZA! My mouth dropped and I dropped my cig.

She had long dark brown silky hair that looked really soft, like I would sleep on it, it looked that soft, her profile was beautiful, she had a cute nose, not too big, not too pointy, cute, she had plump lips but I couldn't see the rest of her face very well because, well being on the fifth floor wasn't helping so much and I was going blind so yeah but I could tell she was breathtaking.

"So? Guess she's hot since you dropped your ciggy." He chuckled and leaned down picking up the cigarette and putting it out on the ash tray on the table next to him.

I looked back at the girl, I was admiring her every move, every step she took, how her hair moved over her shoulder and the way she would flip it, the way her mouth moved when she talked to the men, she seemed to move her whole jaw when she talked, also she seemed to over pronounce the words since her lips moved really funny but it was cute.

I smiled to myself but was taken out of my trance by annoying stupid fingers being snapped in my face.

"Hellooo? Earth to Laureeennn" He sang.

"Hot? You're calling her just hot? She's beautiful!" I said grabbing his shoulder but he quickly squirmed away from my grasp.

He looked down at her again and raised his eyebrows.

"So is your gaydar tingling?" I laughed and looked down at her.

"You're stupid." I said rubbing my neck.

"I guess I'd have to talk to her first, you know?"

I grabbed the ash tray and made my way inside the apartment.

"Oh! And keep gawking at the poor girl and I'm telling Emma." I said and I heard a groan.

"Oh C'mon!" He said stepping inside and shutting the balcony door.

"Well, well. Little awkward Logan who swears to be faithful... Didn't know you were like that." I said mockingly, emptying out the ash tray in the garbage can.

"I really hate you sometimes, and it's not like I want to get in her pants! I'm just admiring a beautiful girl." He said getting defensive.

I took out water bottle from the fridge and walked over to him.

"I'm just saying, you and Emma have been together for almost 3 years, don't fuck up a relationship like that just because you were looking at a beautiful girl."

"She would probably check her out too, because my girlfriend is cool like that." He said walking past me pushing me out of his way.

"Oh and skank, that guy that owns the coffee house down the street called to see if you were available."

"Really!?" I asked surprised, that coffee house quickly became the most popular in our sector; it was packed every night and always had really good bands playing there so I was shocked to hear they wanted me to play there.

"I wrote the info on the pad next to the phone, G'night bitch."

I smiled and gave him a thumbs up.
"Goodnight my little assweasel."

This kid, oh my god. I love him so much. I met him when his mom married my dad when I was 12, we started of hating each other but quickly became two peas in a pod, he became a better brother than my actual biological brother, Chris, he became a drug addict around the age of 15 when he started hanging out with the wrong crowd; he left home at 16 dropped out of school and everything and I haven't heard from him since, I don't know if he's dead or alive. Logan was there for me when no one else was and I love him. We both moved out to LA to follow our dreams 5 years ago, me as a musician and he as an actor, we've never changed, and he is my little shit.
I grabbed the pad and went out to the balcony again, the truck was gone and I saw the girl step into my building, I felt the need to get to know her or at least her name.

I went to the kitchen and put the gig info on the fridge placing a magnet over it to keep it in place.

I went to lock the door when I heard a soft giggle coming from the hallway, it was sweet and cute, that type of giggle that you couldn't help but smile at it, I peeked on the peep hole on my door and saw her, that girl.

She opened the door to the apartment across from mine. She tensed up a bit and turned to look at my door, as an impulse I slid down as fast as I could and while doing that I hit my head hard on the door knob, I squealed softly and put a hand on my head and another one covering my mouth. Since I did hit my head pretty hard it made a loud thump so I waited a few seconds before standing up again, I got up and peeked out the peep hole once more, the door across my apartment closed and the girl was gone.

"You okay? I heard a thud." Logan said coming out of his room in his boxers.

I rubbed my head softly and nodded while squeezing one eye shut.

"Yeah, I'm just dandy." I said walking past him to my room stepping inside and shutting my door.

"Alrightyyy then." He said going into his room and shutting his door.

I took off my clothes leaving me in my underwear and I crawled under my covers.

I put my head on my pillow and let the softness and fluffiness of it take over, putting me into a deep sleep.